Insecurity

The next few days were too much for y/n. Lucy ignored her all the time and she struggled in class. On top of that, her class was attacked while they were at USJ and she couldn't do much since she was left with Thirteen and was pretty much useless in fight with Kurogiri. Also she did quite bad at the Sports Festival and was worried that she might not get any internship offers.

Y/n doubted if she made a right choice by entering U.A. and started thinking about quitting school. She was sad and also jealous of Lucy, who was popular amongst all students, just like her classmate Mei Hatsume. Meanwhile no one interacted with her besides Momo and Todoroki. But it wasn't like that. Her class didn't bother her the same way they didn't bother Todoroki and Tokoyami.

Y/n didn't know that. She thought that they didn't like her. She was sad and depressed, thinking she failed to find herself again. Both Todoroki and Momo noticed the change in her behavior and how her rare smile again became non-existent.

At the homeroom class, Aizawa gave the lists with offers to everyone who got them. "The rest of you who didn't get any offers can apply to the heroes who take in interns. I'll give you a different formulars." he said as he handed the last paper with offers to y/n. She was surprised she even got any. Two of the offers were from heroes who just recently opened theri agencies and one was from Endeavor.

She looked at Todoroki who was already looking at her. "Who?" he mouthed. "Endeavor" she replied. He furrowed his eyebrows and got visibly frustrated. At the lunch, they sat outside as usual.

"Why would he send you an offer? Ugh, l/n, what will you do?" Todoroki asked her. She looked at him, then at the paper that she was holding. She could barely hold back her tears that already filled her eyes.

"L/n?" Todoroki called her again, but no answer. "I've noticed that something is wrong for a while l/n. Feel free to tell me everything." he said calmly, as his right hand was resting on y/n's shoulder. She turned to him and hugged him, which caught him by surprise, but he didn't hesitate to hug her back, as he wanted to give her some closure.

After she calmed down and broke the hug, she pulled out the handkerchief he gave her, to wipe her teary face. Todoroki noticed the handkerchief and felt happy that she still had it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked gently. She nodded and started talking quietly. "My best friend abandoned me for being weak and I've lost all of my confidence since USJ and Sports Festival. I'm thinking of quitting U.A."

Todoroki looked at her as he felt sad that she's hurt and lost. He thought about telling her not to go to Endeavor for internship, but now he changed his mind. He wanted her to be closer to him and to work with her on her self esteem, plus she'd definitely improve under Endeavor.

"That is not your friend if she left you when you need her the most l/n. And don't be so harsh on yourself. You will improve and I'm sure of it." Todoroki said as he patted her head. She gave him a weak smile and he was satisfied that she finally smiled.
"Now, you're going to Endeavor's agency with me, how does that sound to you?" he asked her and it made her stomach all tingly. She nodded as her smile grew bigger and her cheeks turned slightly pink.

"If you don't feel comfortable being around him I'll understand, you don't have to do it just because I said so." he added because he was kinda panicking inside. He didn't want to pressure her and he felt some strange feeling when it comes to y/n. Y/n gave him a quick hug before she spoke. "It's fine Todoroki."

They went back to the classroom together. Y/n freed herself and started talking about some movie she saw recently. Todoroki wasn't really a fan of that genre, but gladly listened to her because he noticed how that made her cheer up. When they were in the hallway, they ran into Lucy who was with one of her friends. Lucy gave her a death stare but y/n didn't notice, as she was talking to Todoroki.