Chapter 2

Erica could hear some big, metal doors open behind the house, possibly in the backyard. She stepped outside of the room and into the kitchen, to see Sarah and Joseph enter their special transport.

Suddenly, a tall, skinny figure appearred behind her. Erica slowly turned to face it.

"What is it, Jess?" she asked with a smile and came a little closer.

"We-wewe-we're gogo-go-going to the cccity." Jessica pointed behind herself and smiled timidly, too.

"Let me grab my hoodie and I'll be with you in a minute." Erica answered and walked into her room, leaving Jessica free to go back downstairs.

She walked into the backyard very soon after, in a black hoodie, that was matching her straight hair by colour.

Their special transport was very, very weird. It looked like a train car (not a carriage, no,no), if you can imagine an electric unit 451, choo-chooing around Czech Republic and making people inside jump up and down, or a train people used to call žabotlam, feel free to skip the next paragraph.

A big, loud and dirty speaker looking like a mohawk was built into the roof of the train. Long, bright lights, very far from each other, stared at you, wide eyed. A big, black hole, probably representing a mouth, but used to connect to other cars, was placed lower than the lights and right in the middle. It was all white and blue.

The only difference, there were no windows above the lights, instead, it was a gentle gradient between blue and white. And plants and moss growing on top, obviously. And flower stickers all over the place, how could I forget...

It was a big, heavy door, that allowed Erica to enter the pretty small car, with some soft seats and a mysterious thing in the back.

Usually, only Sarah touched the thing, who knows why. It seemed like no one except her knew, what a big, metal circle with rectangle shapes on it, huge heavy batteries, that can recharge and has got a ball inside, is doing in a mutated train car. But it was their special transport.

The door closed, everyone sat in their seats, even Alice, the dog. Sarah rolled her eyes and stood back up. She stretched her hand and clutched her teeth. A wiggly, magenta needle pierced through her wrist and slid into the ball in the center of the circle.

With visible exhaustion, she crashed onto her seat and her head fell into Joseph's lap. It kind of shook him and he automatically jumped in his seat, because he didn't expect this to happen.

"Wro-wwrong one, Ssss-sa-sarah," Jessica pointed out and giggled.

"The responsibility crashed into dad's arms." Rosa joked and started giggling too.

Jessica was full on laughing now.

"That's not even a pun!" Erica exclaimed, but started laughing too.

Sarah finally lifted herself up from Joseph which made him almost sigh in relief, and laid her head down on Sean's knees instead.

"There, there..." he smiled and stroked her head a few times. After doing that, he placed two of his fingers on Sarah's shoulder and something sparked.

"Ugh, this is so exhausting. At least I've got Sean and I'm filled with energy." she lifted herself up and stretched.

"And we've got you, so we can go to the city." Sean answered and automatically pushed a few buttons to his right without even looking. The engine started working somewhere out of eyesight, behind the walls. They started flying, or riding or floating or whatever into the city.

"Only for that? That's pretty cynic, isn't it, Sean?" Joseph added.

"What's cynic?" Rosa asked, suddenly.