Chapter 1 Moving In

December 1st - Sunday

Virgil's POV
     I glance over at Roman as we packed the boxes with all my things, "Thanks for helping me pack Roman.... Even though you don't want me to go.." I said kindly, forcing a friendly smile, "No need to thank me, but-" Roman started, only for me to glare and cut him off, "No. Roman, I don't want to get back together."

     Roman sighed and got up, taking the final box as I closed it. He stacked it on top of some others, carrying them out and to his car as I followed. I hopped in the passenger's seat and closed the door, watching as Roman closed the Trunk before walking around and hopping in the driver's side. He started the car, pulling out and beginning to drive.

     After half an hour or so Roman slowed to a stop outside a dark blue house, "Patton! Where is my Laptop?!" A boy yelled, walking out as another left a moving truck with a box, "Got it!" He yelled back, "Good. It seems my roommate will be quiet- I think.." I said, getting out of the car and freezing, "wanna head back?" Roman asked, snapping me out of it, "Nope!" I said.

     I went back to the trunk, "Roman, help a little here." I said, grabbing a stack of three boxes and heading to the house, noticing as Roman followed suit.

Logan's POV
     I noticed two males that had arrived just as they started to move their boxes, "Oh please tell me my roommate is the quiet looking one." I said quietly as I had a lot to work on and couldn't afford distractions.

     "One of them your roommate kiddo?" My brother, Patton, asked, "Should be, hoping the one in the dark colors." I responded. Patton sighed, "Logan, you need to at least try to be his friend so it isn't awkward." He explained. I simply nodded.

     I took notice as a boy wearing a red shirt with gold accents walked over, "Hello. I'm Roman, Roman Royal. My..." he trailed off, obviously not sure what to say, though he soon figured it out, "Friend is the one who is gonna be your Roommate and there are some things you need to know, but he is too anxious to tell you himself." He explained and I simply nodded, "He has really bad anxiety and sometimes he ends up with panic attacks." He explained and my eyes went wide, "Oh no, emotions. Patton, help." I said, though the worry and stress was evident.

     "Just call me if he has one.." Patton sighed, "Okay Pat." I responded blankly, watching as Roman left.

     "Now to get you unpacked Kiddo." Patton stated. Getting the last box and going inside as I followed.

     After precisely one hour, twenty-six minutes, and fifty-seven seconds Patton and I had finished unpacking my things. We went out and sat in the Living Room, about to watch a movie, "We should invite your roommate to join us." Patton suggested and I nodded, "Okay." I said, getting up and going to his room. I knocked a few times.

Virgil's POV
     I was laying on my bed when I heard a knock. I got up and opened the door, "Yes?" I asked with boredom, "My brother and I are gonna watch a movie before he goes home and are wondering if you'd like to join us?" The boy outside my door asked, a dull look in his eyes, "Whatever, one second." I said quietly, closing my door and putting on a black hoodie before leaving my room. I went to the living room and sat on the floor.

     "We should introduce ourselves, I'm Logan and this is my brother, Patton." The boy who'd come and got me for the movie said.

     I looked down for a second, feeling anxious about my name, "Virgil.." I said quietly, "It's nice to meet you!" The bubbly boy I'd learned was Patton exclaimed, "You too.." I replied quietly.

     After a short moment of awkward silence- it was broken, "What movie are we gonna watch?" I asked, "The Grinch!" Patton exclaimed. Logan just sighed and nodded, going and putting it in. He came over and sat next to me after making sure everything was hooked up properly.

Logan's POV
     Patton shrieked with joy as the movie ended, causing Virgil and I to cover our ears till he stopped, "Your brother is loud.." Virgil commented, "I know, but he's my family. I've learned to look past the crazy and love the good, Right Pat?" I explained, "Right Kiddo." Patton replied, "Hey, it's getting late, I should get home, but first, how about pizza for dinner. On me." He added. I was about to protest, but stopped myself as I saw a small smile on Virgil's face, "Pepperoni is what I prefer, but get cheese if you want." He said, terribly hidden joy in his voice, "Okie dokie, I'll be back in a bit!" Patton exclaimed, getting up and leaving.

     "So... wanna get to know each other while we wait? It's only logical as we will be living together for the time being." I explained, "Ok." He replied,  "I'll start, My full name is Logan Star, I'm twenty and in University to study Astronomy." I explained, feeling proud of myself, "Cool, my full name is Virgil Cloud and I'm going to my room to listen to MCR." He said, getting up and leaving to his room. I noticed he was fiddling with his hoodie sleeve.

     I decided I'd clean up some while I wait for Patton to return. I got up and straightened up the pillows on the couch before going and taking the movie out of the DVD player, putting it back in its case and setting it on the shelf. I went back to the T.V and DVD player, powering them both off. 

     After about twenty-five minutes Patton returned, knocking on the door. I got up from the couch and went to the door, opening it. Patton walked in and put the pizza on the counter as I closed the door. "I'll get Virgil." I stated as I passed by the kitchen, going down the hall and stopping outside his door, "Virgil?" I called, knocking on the door, "What?" Virgol replied, "Pizza's here." I stated before going to the kitchen and getting a plate and grabbing two pieces of pizza. I looked over as Virgil entered, "Salutations." I said simply, "Hey." Virgil responded, looking for the plates. I sighed and got one down, passing it to him, "Thanks." He muttered, "You are welcome." I replied.

     I grabbed my plate and went to the dining room, sitting next to my brother. I ate silently and soon finished my two slices of pizza while Patton was on his fifth and Virgil was on his third, "I think I'm gonna pack up the rest of the pizza, the amount you are consuming is unhealthy." I said. They both groaned but nodded. I got up and grabbed my plate, going to the kitchen. I put my plate in the sink and got out a larger baggie, putting the rest of the pizza in it and placing it in the fridge.

Virgil's POV
     I walked into the kitchen with mine and Patton's plates to see Logan placing the pizza in the fridge, "Um.. I'll do the dishes, you should see your bro out." I said, "Okay." He replied as he left the room.

     I rolled up my sleeves and carefully started cleaning. After about fifteen to twenty minutes I was done.

     I went to the Living Room to find Logan reading, "I'm gonna head to bed." I said quietly, "Alright, sleep well." He replied plainly. I waved some as I went to my room.

     I changed into a skeleton onesie before heading to the bathroom. I grabbed a makeup wipe and used it to remove my pale foundation and dark eyeshadow, trashing the wipe after. Then I brushed my teeth before heading back to my room.

     I turned off my bedroom light and went to my bed. I curled up under a small bundle of blankets, hugging my pillow as I fell asleep.

Logan's POV
     It had been an hour, six minutes, and twenty-seven seconds since Virgil said he was going to bed and I was still in the living room reading. I finished the chapter I was on before marking it, deciding it was time for bed.

     I went and put the book on the shelf before going to the bathroom and brushing my teeth. Then I went to my room and changed into a Unicorn Onesie my brother had gotten me. Once changed I climbed into bed and drifted into a deep sleep.