Chapter 12: Battlefield- 2x11

Gerard threatens to unleash the Kanima at the championship lacrosse game, Derek and Chloe struggle to hold on to their pack.

Third Person POV

After the attack at the Sheriff's Station, the death of Matt, and William getting locked in Eichen House, Derek, Chloe, Isaac, Erica, and Boyd all go into hiding. Against Derek's better judgment— because he wanted it all to himself and Chloe— the five of them crash at The Hideout. The only thing that she needed to do to compromise with him was find a way to make sure the Betas didn't actually know the location of the building... Chloe did the best she could.

The three Betas tend to stay put, too scared of the thought of dying. And Derek tends to get stuck alone with them when Chloe goes to check on Melissa or when Alan calls for help because Gerard sent the Kanima after him to try and force Chloe out of hiding... it works until it doesn't; after the last attack Chloe puts a spell on the Animal Clinic property making it impossible for the lizard to cross.

"Hey, Babe." She smiles, finding him sitting outside, as she sits next to him. He doesn't react to her at all. She sighs, wrapping her arms around his torso and resting her head on his shoulder, "We'll deal with Scott, Der. I'll deal with him." She whispers, "You still have me." She's repeated those same words multiple times a day since that night in an attempt to keep her boyfriend out of his own head.

Two days after everything that happened Stiles is at school talking to Marin Morrell about some of the things that happened, keeping the supernatural out of the conversation. "You know, when you're drowning, you don't actually inhale until right before you black out. It's called 'voluntary apnea'." He explains, tying the net on his lacrosse stick, "It's, like, no matter how much you're freaking out, the instinct to not let any water in is so strong that you won't open your mouth until you feel like your head's exploding. But then, when you finally do let it in... that's when it stops hurting. It's not scary anymore. It's-it's actually kind of peaceful."

The morning after the attack they found Matt's body. "Are you saying you hope Matt felt some peace in his last moments?" Marin asks.

Stiles sighs, looking up at her, "I don't feel sorry for him."

"Can you feel sorry for the nine-year-old Matt who drowned?" She asks.

He scoffs, "Just because a couple of dumb-asses dragged him into a pool when he couldn't swim, doesn't really give him the right to go off killing them one by one." He starts to get irritated, "And, by the way, my dad told me that they found a bunch of pictures of Allison on Matt's computer. And not just of her, though. I mean, he Photoshopped himself into these pictures— stuff like them holding hands, and kissing... You know, like, he had built this whole fake relationship. And not only did he do that but he also Photoshopped pictures of that William guy, that's now at Eichen House, killing Chloe in very graphic ways." He shrugs, "So, yeah, maybe drowning when he was nine years old was what sent him off the rails, but the dude was definitely riding the crazy-train."

Marin changes the subject, "One positive thing came out of this, though... Right?" She asks.

"Yeah." Stiles nods, remembering how his father got his job back the day they found Matt, "Yeah... but I still feel like there's something wrong between us. I don't know. It's just, like, tension when we talk. Same thing with Scott. And Chloe may have tortured William... I don't know." He sighs, "He just seemed beat to hell when he was dragged away."

"Have you talked to Scott since that night?" She asks.

"No, not really... I mean, he's got his own problems to deal with, though..." He mumbles, nervously messing with the net. "I've heard a rumor that Chloe is trying to help them though."