Lantern Light - Sudden Lights

"Still awake?"

Andrejs asked his brother, who was laying slumped over on the couch.

"Mmmhhhmmmmm"

"Get up. It's almost dawn"

"Nnnnghhhhh"

He shrugged, then went back outside where the others were sitting.

"What'd he say?"

Mārtiņš asked.

"Not much. He's still awake"

"Tell me why we're doing this again?"

He hears a groan behind him.

Kārlis plopped down next to him, wrapped in a blanket and a very sour expression on his face.

"Because we're drunk and we won Supernova"

The other Kārlis answered.

While they were still electric from their victory and the various pre-parties, they had actually decided to stay up all night simply because they could. The night had just kinda called for it.

They idly chatted as the sky slowly gained more colour. It was a pretty sight, but if they had to be honest, they felt more tired than inspired. Kārlis Z was back to being half asleep, until he suddenly stood up.

"What the- what is that?"

He said and pointed towards the faint sunrise.

Andrejs got up to look at it. At first he could not spot anything odd, but Kārlis kept on insisting that there was something.

"Man, we really shouldn't have let your little bro stay up this late"

Kārlis V said jokingly.

"Shut up! I know I saw something"

Andrejs sighed.

"What exactly did you see?"

"That! Look!"

They looked again and this time saw it. At first it looked like someone had turned on a lot of lamps, but then they rose up.

"Lanterns?"

Mārtiņš suggested.

They watched as they seemingly flew closer to them, like mini suns rising. As they came closer, it became clear that they were not quite the lanterns they had thought of. They were orbs of varying, floating gently through the sky, bouncing like bubbles whenever they bumbled into something.

Andrejs duck as one came floating towards his face. He did not feel particularly interested in finding out what they might be made of.

"Weird. What could it be?"

He looked at the others, who were all caught up in the strange light show. Then his brother looked at him and opened his mouth. Before he could get a word out, something warm hit him. It filled him with a cosy warmth here in the cool spring morning.

"Are you okay?"

Kārlis V asked.

"Yeah. It felt pretty nice actually"

Curious and cautiously the others touched an orb. They all seemed to brighten up after that.

Suddenly there was a woman standing on the lawn near the woods. The sun was only just shining its first rays, but where she stood, it looked like the sun was shining directly upon her through the branches.

"Okay what the"

Kārlis Z whispered.

She was beautiful, if not a strange sight. As she moved, many more lights flew into the air. They were now surrounded by them.

"B̶̺̥͠u̸̓ͅͅt̴̯̄ ̷̦͓̔͝i̴̥͌̃f̵̯̈́͗ ̵̐͊ͅǐ̷̪͝t̸̤͐̾ ̶̲͓̀͝b̴̻͂̄e̷̲͊̑c̷͉̦͒̂o̴̹̖͋͋m̵͖̙͋̌e̷͚̱͐s̷̨̐͊ ̷̪̃͛t̷̖̭͋̕o̷̧̠̓ȏ̸̥͚ ̶̝̓͆d̷̼̅ȧ̷̠͓̎r̸͍̿ḱ̶͙ ̵̳̽f̸̞̏̃ó̴̡̡r̴̤̞̀ ̴̣̈́ý̵͖̇o̵͖̻̿͝u̴̙̹̚.̸̡̛̮ ̵̢̺͂͊W̴̝̟̑̄e̸͙̅'̴̖͛l̶̥̾͘l̴̮̳̑ ̴̨̑b̴̼̩̒ė̸̲̺ ̸̳̄l̷̳̲̈a̷̼̬̋̂ṋ̶͖͘t̵͝ͅe̴͚̽r̴̰͠ň̷̛̜̞s̵̡͑ ̵̅͜i̷͉̮͆̚ṉ̶̢͐̀ ̴͈̺̉͛ṱ̸̒̑h̴̨̲́͗ë̴̲́ ̶͎̤̄̐d̵͈͚̑͐ā̸͉̃r̷̻̃k̵͙͐̏ḙ̷̕͠s̸͇̓ť̸͚ ̸͔͂n̵͖̋̓î̵͈̘g̵̱̪̈́̈́h̴̞̚t̴̠̙͒"

Her voice was like a hymn. Her words were so clear, yet so hard to actually understand. Neither of them were sure if she had sung out loud or if it was in their head.

Andrejs noticed a rather big orb of light, coming towards him. Unlike the others, it seemed that there was something reflected in it. It was not his face though, but the woman's. He was too enchanted out of its line. As it grazed his head, it felt like a warm embrace and a kiss on the cheek.

When he came back to reality, the lights were gone alongside the woman.

However in his hands was a flower crown of northern bedstraws, red clovers and daisies.   There were some other flowers mixed in with the grass and leaves.

Compared to a midsummer crown it was more neatly woven but less colourful

Compared to a midsummer crown it was more neatly woven but less colourful. The sentiment was still there. He could feel it. They all could.

The others were also standing with a crown, both Kārlis having already put theirs on their head.

"Can we even tell anyone about this without sounding crazy?"

He heard Mārtiņš ask. The others said something, but he was not focusing. Over the trees the sun was now shining its light. It was beautiful. Indeed a morning worth being up early for.

𖤓❀A/N CORNER❀𖤓
┌ 𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・┐
❦ This is for Draagsnuab and everyone who hoped for Latvia in the final.
└・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓・❀・𖤓 ┘