From Me to You - Joost Klein

𖤓❀A/N CORNER❀𖤓
┌ 𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·┐
❦ Heeeeyyaaaa I'm baaaack!!!! (。> ᴗ ☆。)

❦ Sooo, Eurovision 2024 was a mess and not really in a good way. I was gonna write a fan fic for this year but I honestly don't feel like it anymore. 눈_눈

❦ Instead I'll focus on this book, starting off with the most robbed contestant out of all of them. I hope you enjoy! ( • ̀ᗜ•́ )✧

❦ Also I'm moving away from exclusively giving everyone flower crowns.
└·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓·❀·𖤓 ┘

Joost opened his eyes and stared at the ceiling. He was having one of those terrible stress dreams where everything seems to be going wrong no matter what you do. Usually it goes over when you wake up, but he still had a lingering feeling of absolute hopelessness and despair.

His parents had been there too or... no they had not. There was only the reminder of them and their absence. The absence he felt within himself. Another cruel trick the dream had used. It would have been a nightmare if he had not woken up just now.

His phone told him it was 3 in the morning, but as he looked out his window it was clear as day. Again he checked his clock but this time nothing made sense. The numbers were all wrong and kept changing every time he blinked. Was he still dreaming?

Carefully he got out of bed, and the part of his room furthest away from him morphed into a big, open field. There was grass as far as the eye could see and the sky was bright.

He felt a tug in his body. It did not feel uncomfortable or sad like his previous dream. It felt innocent, playful and curious. He looked around, but there was grass as far as the eye could see. A few places there were ditches, all of them broad enough to see the clear water reflect the sky.

Suddenly he felt a hand on his shoulder. For a moment it felt very familiar. It made him want to cry. He looked up and stared into the eyes of a tall woman. They were shining with warmth and sunlight.

She smiled and gestured towards the fields. As her hand moved over them, they suddenly sprouted colours. Red, yellows, pinks and purples. Some fields even had mixed colours. Joost realised that they were tulips. Tulips of every kind in existence and maybe even more.

 Tulips of every kind in existence and maybe even more

The woman took his hands in her left hand and plucked a yellow tulip with her right

The woman took his hands in her left hand and plucked a yellow tulip with her right. She placed it in his palms and the warm feeling of nostalgia, familiarity and love rushed over him. He clutched the flower with his hands and closed his eyes. A few tears fell down his cheeks.

When he opened his eyes to look at the woman, he instead looked into the eyes of his dad. His mother was there too, holding his hands. Joost could not find any words to say, but there were none needed. His parents smiled, his dad squeezing his shoulder in a way no other dream has ever been able to replicate.

When he opened his eyes, this time to a bedroom that was real and to a time that matched the view outside, he was smiling with his cheeks were dry from tears and a yellow tulip was clutched in his hands.