꒰🎸꒱ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈

---🕸---

Principal Isabella drove Izana into the town of Jericho and parked in front of a three-story white building.

"Dr. Forger's office is on the second floor. Other Nevermore students swear by her." Isabella said.

"And you'll be waiting here until I'm done?"
Izana asked.

"Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate." She suggested.

"Principal Isabella, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you." Izana said as he climbed out of the car. "And chauffeuring your students around is clearly below your pay grade."

"Given your history, I'm sure you're intent on running away. I'm here to prevent that from happening." Isabella revealed.

Izana stared at her. "I wish you luck." He said, closing the car door and entering the building.

---🕸---

"I read the notes from your school counsellor." Dr. Forger said as he led Izana into his office

Dr. Forger was tall man, with a slim but athletic build. He is a handsome man with short blond hair, blue eyes, and light skin.

"Mrs. Bronstein. She had a nervous breakdown after our last session and had to take a six-month sabbatical."

Dr. Forger gestured to a chair. "Go ahead and take a seat."

Izana sat in a chair, and Dr. Forger sat across
from him.

"How did you feel about that." He asked.

"Vindicated. But someone who crochets for a hobby isn't a worthy adversary."

"Adversary? I hope we can forge a relationship based on trust and mutual respect. This is a safe place, Kurokawa-san. A sanctuary where we can discuss anything. What you're thinking, feeling, your views on the world, personal philosophy." He explained.

"That's easy. I think that this is a waste of time. I see the world as a place that must be endured, and my personal philosophy is kill or be killed."

"So, for instance, when someone bullies your brother, your response is to dump piranha in the pool."

"You know the old saying, never bring a knife to a sword fight. Unless the knife is concealed." Izana said.

"The point is you assaulted a boy and showed no remorse for your actions. That's why you're here." Dr. Forger explained.

"He lost a testicle. I did the world a favour. People like that zombie, Hanma shouldn't be allowed to procreate. I've answered all your questions."

Izana went to stand up, but Dr. Forger stopped him.

"We're not done yet." He said with a smile.

Izana reluctantly sat back down.

"Therapy is a valuable tool to help you understand yourself. It can teach you new ways to deal with your emotions. It can also help you build the life you want." Dr. Forger explained.

"I know the life that I want." Izana harshly told him.

"Tell me about it."

Izana stayed silent.

"Everything said in these sessions is strictly confidential."

Izana still didn't speak.

"Do your plans involve becoming an author? I understand you've written three novels about a teen boy detective, Viper De La Muerte. Can you tell me about him?"