Chapter 3 | Screaming, Old Friends, and More Screaming

Ashley POV

Screaming. There was lots of it. It was everywhere. You just couldn't escape it.

Not once did someone say "Excuse me" or "Sorry, I bumped into you."

Many of them kept giving Al and I their death glares, as if that bothered us. They saw our backstage passes and I presumed they were envious of us. Well, who wouldn't be? Most of these girls were here for One Direction and since Al and I were also going to meet them, I guessed that the girls hated us for that reason.

It's not that Al and I didn't like One Direction; we were fans and all, but we just weren't Directioners. We just liked 5 Seconds of Summer better anyway.

Half an hour before the show and, just as we thought, we were screaming louder than any of the other girls. Singing only 5SOS songs, we naturally attracted many stares.

"Ashton! I love you!" I screamed.

"Calum, marry me!" screeched Al.

"Ashton, your name matches with mine! It's meant to be! Ashley and Ashton!"

"Calum! Notice me! I'm your soulmate! Al and Cal forever!"

It's safe to say we just ruined our social lives, but hell, we didn't know any of these people. They could think we're crazy for all we cared.

"Ashley? Al? Is that you guys?"

Well, there went our social lives.

"Kate?" Al questioned, "Is that you?" We couldn't see anyone through the massive crowd, and we were those crazy girls hanging off of the gates.

"Yes, oh my God, I've missed you guys so much," said Kate.

"Kate, it's been so long."

"We've missed you!" I said, as Al and I crushed her in our individual hugs.

"I've been wondering what's happened to you two! Still the best of friends, yeah?" she asked.

"Yeah, I don't know how I haven't gotten sick of her yet," I replied.

"You two remind me of an old couple who fight all the time."

We giggled while more onlookers stared in obvious distaste. One certain girl didn't even try to hide the fact that she was giving Kate, who was currently wearing 5 Seconds of Summer garb, a disdainful once-over. The girl snorted at Kate, who noticed and simply flipped the girl off.

Kate was definitely the most daring and bold of the three of us. Al and I had met Kate at a friend's party. We soon became very close, but Kate was Australian, and she had only been here in California for that friend's birthday. She couldn't have stayed any longer than when her flight had to leave. We had gotten her number and we would Facetime occasionally, but it wasn't the same.

Now that we had seen her, we assumed she was here for the same Aussie band that we were here for. Although, I didn't understand why she didn't just see them while they were in Australia. I guessed this was just her excuse to come visit Al and I.

I opened my mouth to ask her why exactly she was in LA, when I was cut off by the girls' screams becoming ten times louder. Al, Kate, and I were instantly in scouring mode as we searched for the cause of the screaming and saw a big black van approaching the arena.

We started screaming. And that's what the whole part of this adventure started with: screaming.

*******************

dedi to kate aka @directionninja for being the first person i ever found on wattpad who also loved 5sos before the whole rush about them. ty kate ily

ashley x