Chapter 11 | Confrontation

Ashton POV

I was determined to make things right again. I just had to. The look on Luke's face was slowly eating away at my heart with fear. Fear of losing my friends.

I reached to open the door and go find the girl, Ashley, and Al. Just as I grabbed the doorknob, I heard the laughter of two people, a boy and a girl, and at least two other people shushing them. I opened the door and saw something that made my blood boil. I saw Ashley with some younger guy. It looked like she was hugging him or something, and they were both bubbling with laughter.

As soon as I opened the door, out of my peripheral vision, I saw Al look at me and squint her eyes with an enraged look on her face. She opened her mouth and was about to say something, but I cut her off before she could.

I couldn't help myself, I was furious. So, I yelled.

"What is going on here?"

At once, Ashley and this mystery boy broke apart and their laughter slowly subsided. The boy looked at me, confused as to why I was yelling. Yet, Ashley had an expectant look on her face. What did she expect from me? Oh, that's right, I thought, an apology.

I wasn't the best at apologizing, but I knew I would have to put my pride aside at some point.

Right now just wasn't that time.

"Get - out!" I yelled, pointing my hand to the exit and looking at the boy angrily.

"Dude, you need to chill. We were only laughing," he spoke with his American accent.

"Yeah 'dude,'" Ashley followed, looking incredulous that I was still acting this way, "take a chill pill."

Now she was just mocking me.

They both straightened the non-existent wrinkles from their clothing.

The boy went closer to Ashley and whispered loudly enough in her ear that I could hear, "What's his problem?"

"My problem is you!" I bit back. Nice job at keeping your cool.

He put his hands up in surrender. "Hey man, I didn't do anything to you. I don't know what crawled into your pants, but I was just laughing. Do you want me to say sorry for being happy in life?" he continued with a smirk on his face.

Al put a hand over her mouth and made an "ooh" sound. "Oh snap," she said, and snapped her fingers, then put her hand on her hip.

Ashley walked up to me and raised her hand to slap me. I was about to raise my arm up in defense but I was stopped by the mystery girl.

She stuck out her hand and introduced herself. "Hello Ashton. I'm Jodie."

Ashley looked at Jodie incredulously. I looked between her and Jodie suspiciously before shaking Jodie's hand carefully.

"Hello Jodie, it's nice to meet you."

She chuckled. "Oh yes, Mr. Asshole, it's very nice to meet you at last," she said, raising an eyebrow.

Ashley, who had at first looked like she was going to punch Jodie for interrupting her slap, laughed loudly.

I squinted my eyes at her, then turned back to Jodie. "Well Ms. Bitch," I politely replied, "I was going to apologize for earlier, but now I don't think I will."

"First of all," she replied, "Is 'bitch' really the best you can do? You act like I haven't heard that before," she mocked. "Second, were you really going to apologize? Because I seriously doubt that, for some mysterious reason," she said sarcastically.

"Come on, you guys," Al said, "let's leave. This freak show is wasting our time."

I actually was taken aback; I did not like being mocked, and I was not a freak show!

"Leave then!" I called. "You're not even worth my time!"

Ashley, who was slowly walking away, stopped and turned around with her hands on her hips.

The others didn't realize she had stopped until she started walking towards me. A smirk formed on my lips as they turned around to watch the show. Turned out I loved an audience.

She came up to me, let a quiet "you disgust me" come from her lips, then promptly slapped my face hard, and walked away with a bounce to her step, no doubt smiling with pride in herself.

Well that went well.

********

dedicated to @ilyboobear bc she's my amazing joey

calum with his lip-piercing to the side ((it should be illegal for someone to be that hot))

ashley x