Chapter VII

So its been quite some time😅 but I finally found my journal so yay!!!
Without any further ado enjoy<3
———————————————

Avery's steps echoed off of the quiescent halls of Hogwarts, books clutched under his hand. He was quick paced. Turning left. Left again. Down. Down. Right. Then left. All the way down. Cold. Then straight across. Whispering the password. Then through the portrait.

Artemis made a bee-line towards Tom's 'assigned' chair, sitting on his left on a love seat. Said boy was currently reading. Best not to be disturbed. His gaze scaled across the common room.

The ceilings were relatively high for being underground, archaic chandeliers held on by dainty hinges, opulent furnishings of snakes engulfed the effulgent room. The blatent pride for their house showcased by the colours that drowned the dungeons. Even the light bestowing itself through the floor-to-cieling windows had a viridescent hue. Green and black couches with silver embellishments faced the hearth, its ardent flames green.

Salazar's portrait that hung atop the mantle rarely ever spoke, but when he did, it comprised of snarky comments usually thrown at the younger years.

When the young Dark Lord finally registered the presence beside him, he shut his book. Gently, placing it -now book marked- to the side by his thrown like chair. Riddle stared at Artemis, feigning patience.

Annoyed at the prolonged silence, Riddle addressed his follower "Yes?".

"My Lord, I have completed the task from the last meeting," Artemis arranged his books on the side table next to Tom, making the latter raise an impatient brow, "Though I have yet to find any information on Shadow Magic".

A frown etched its way on to Tom's face as he dipped into deep thought. Interesting.

As Tom's focus was, once more, redirected towards the conversation — Avery continued, "Since I have not been able to find anything, I was wondering if I should contact my father for books on the topic".

"There will be no need." Riddle callously waved a hand, silencing his acolyte, "I will reach out to him myself".

As much as Artemis respected his fellow classmate, envy never failed to grip it's claws into his heart. His father constantly compared him to Riddle and treated Tom as his own son, rather than Artemis.

At last, Tom dismissed Avery so he could write a letter - in peace - to persuade Sir Arcturus Avery for sources on Shadow Magic. Artemis knew there was no need for Tom's cloyingly coated words in order to cajole the head of House Avery to hand over the sources. As, if Tom mentioned merely a fickle interest in the matter, Sir Arcturus Avery would deliver.

Fuck that. Arcturus hated Tom.

But at the end of the day, fear out ways all.

Or does it?

———————————————

Author's Note:
And Tom is still an ineffable little shit goblin, but hay ho, eso si que es.
This chapter is only a smidge bit longer but hope you're enjoying this so far.

Vote and comment what you think <3

Unedited