IV

April and Y/N share a look as the turtles explain everything, all at once.

"Stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop, stop," April interrupted the four, trying to get them to listen while Y/N nodded pointing to her.

"Okay," she stood up, looking over the notes she had taken. "You were real baby turtles, who made contact with mystery ooze-"

"Somewhere in me, I have a feeling it's called..." Y/N mumbled, April pausing to let her go on. "Mutagen."

"Mutagen?" The other girl whispered to her.

"Yeah," the teen answered. "I just feel like I've heard it."

"Alright," April nodded, deciding to keep that for later as she turned back to the now-seated turtles. "And, therefore started to age from mutant baby turtles to mutant turtle men guys?"

"Uh, turtle boys, actually," Mikey corrected.

"I would say teens," Leo added. "You know, I would say cool teens."

"Yeah, we're cool."

"They are."

"Teenagers! Amazing. Insane," April jots the information down. "All right, well, tell me more. Obviously, I want to know everything about you."

"Send me those notes later," Y/N glanced at April, the said girl not looking back but, still nodding.

"So-- is there, like, is there more of you?" She asked.

"Nope, just us."

"They are alone in the world."

"And, nobody's ever asked you about this?" Y/N chimed in.

The turtles all replied in negative.

"Why are you writing all this down?" Leo asked.

"Oh, I'm a journalist," April answered, taking a seat beside Y/N. "Well, I want to be a journalist."

"She writes for the school paper," the H/C-haired teen adds.

"Really? That's pretty cool and--and- do you- are you the one that--that's on camera?" The blue-masked turtle directs his gaze toward the teen.

Y/N pressed her lips into a thin line, listening to him go on.

"Cause you're- pre-- I mean- you have like, a very camera-ready look-"

"No- I- uh- but," Y/N said, scratching her neck as she glanced at April, who was giving her an odd look. The teen immediately turned away from her. "Yeah-- I don't- thank you, though."

"It would've been great if she were though," April pointed out, the turtles all nodding as they stared at the H/C-haired teen, who merely slouched.

"I've got anxiety," she reminded the teen beside her.

"Hey, come on, maybe if you did, it could've been easier to find those people you said you were looking for," April mentioned.

"What... people?" Donnie asked, making Y/N look at him.

"Well, you see," she shrugged. "They're not really-- people- like, they are but-- uh-"

The teen paused, everybody eagerly awaiting what she had to say. Y/N picked up her bag, opening it to grab something.

"Here," she raised it for everyone to see.

It was the same newspaper article as before. One she had kept to herself for so long.

"FREAKS IN NEW YORK!"

"It's them," she confessed, a small smile painting her lips as she recalled that night. "I'm looking for these... people."