V

"What if everyone saw us as heroes?"

The turtles were in the sewers now. One taste of life and now, they were planning on becoming superheroes.

(Why do I sound judgmental-?)

"What do you mean?"
Mikey asked.

"I mean, look," Donnie pointed outside at the billboard, the news showing. It was about Superfly. "We use our ninja skills to take out Superfly."

"We'll drag him up to city hall."

Here starts the imagination. The turtles stood before the city hall, Donnie dragging Superfly by a rope.

"Dump him on the steps for the cops and say,"

Next thing, they threw the criminal right before the baffled cops, one of them crouching down to take a look at Superfly.

"We're the heroes who stopped Superfly! Yeah, we look a little different but, we're on your side."

The cops, once somewhat suspicious were now in awe as they got on their knees. The head officer took his hat off and placed it down before the four.

"Everyone will all be like,
'Hey, those 'toitles' are all right. I'm a cabbie from the Bronx."

A crowd applauds for the turtles, everyone now accepting the four.

"Then everyone in the city will think we're cool. They'll accept us!"

A woman throws over her baby at the four, yelling at them to sign her baby.

"And, then once the overall fanfare has settled down, we'll enroll on highschool where we'll be normal--"

The four burst through the doors, making the other teens stare in awe, two of them being Y/N and April.

"---If not slightly more popular than average- students."

While April cheered for them, Y/N gasped, hearts in her eyes as she went to collapse. Yet, before she can, she's pulled back by her mutant friends, the girl still fangirling over them.

"And, of course, Y/N will be there with us since she was our first-ever friend, who accepted us before anyone. And, when she's with us, she'll be just as popular as us!"

(I'm crying- what did I just write?)

"Okay, I'm following this."

The mutants stared up, imagining the scene, the scenario now over.

"It's like Hulk in Avengers: Endgame," Mikey pointed out. "Sure, he's a giant terrifying green monster but, everyone knows he saved them so, they're taking selfies with him in a diner. You know Mark Ruffalo mostly improvised that scene?"

"Yeah, he's good on his feet--"

"Nobody cares about that, okay??"

And, with that, began the mastermind plan, even Leo agreeing to be part of it. So, the first step: call the allies.

"15 years."

The voice spoke up, filling up the silence in the dark area. Well, the voice and the scratching of the board on the concrete road. Streetlights shone brightly in the quiet place.

"For 15 years, they stayed in the dark. And, now, it's their time to ri---"

"Why are we like this?" Y/N interrupted, leaning a bit to the side as she dodged a pole. She moved herself forward not too fast, putting her foot back on the ground every now and then. She would admit that the 'borrowed' skateboard was doing great for her. Slowly but steadily, she was on her way, a file tucked under her arm.