Chapter 19

Deimos sits on a bed in the Hospital Wing as Madame Pomfry checks his ribs "A couple of broken ribs but I can fix them easily." she tells him. Bill smiles and ruffles Deimos' hair "Told you so." he tells him. Deimos playfully pushes Bill's hand away, his hair going a baby pink. Madam Pomfrey easily fixes Deimos' ribs, the twins and Hermione walking in "How are you Dei?" Hermione asks. "I'm alright, Mione. Madam Pomfrey fixed me up. Bill, this is Hermione, my best friend. Mione, this is Fred, George and I's eldest brother, Bill." Deimos smiles. "Pleasure to meet you Hermione, Deimos speaks highly of you in his letters." Bill smiles. "He speaks highly of you too." Hermione smiles. Deimos smiles as Madam Pomfrey finishes checking his ribs "You're alright to go now, just be careful until tomorrow." she tells him. "Thank you Madam Pomfrey." Deimos responds, leaving with his brothers and best friend. While walking, they find Ron and Harry "Bill? What are you doing here?" Ron asks. "I came to see Deimos' first game." Bill responds. Ron nods "Where did you disappear off to?" he asks Hermione. "I went to check on Deimos with Fred and George." Hermione responds. "Why?" Ron frowns. "A couple of his ribs got broken by a bludger. He's alright now though, he just has to be careful for the next day or so." Bill explains.

"Are you alright?" Harry asks. "Yeah, Madam Pomfrey fixed me up easily. Oh. Harry, this is our eldest brother, Bill. Bill, this is Harry." Deimos smiles. Harry smiles and shakes Bill's hand "Pleasure." Bill tells him. "You too." Harry responds. "I better go get changed." Deimos realises, looking at his Quidditch robes. "We'll meet you in the Common Room." the twins tell him. "I have to go now, I'll write to you all soon. It was nice meeting you Hermione, Harry." Bill smiles. "You too." they respond. Deimos hugs Bill before walking in the direction of the Quidditch pitch changing room "Deimos." Draco whisper shouts, motioning him over. Walking over, Deimos gets pulled into the changing room by his twin "I saw what happened with the bludger, are you alright?" Draco asks. "Yeah, Madam Pomfrey fixed my ribs easily. I just have to be careful for the next day or so." Deimos nods in assurance. Draco nods "Good." he responds. Deimos nods "Mother misses you, she tries to hide it from me and Father but I've heard her cry at night." Draco tells him. Nodding, Deimos looks at the forest "I guess I miss her but I can't remember her, I only know her through the gifts, secret letters and money she sends." he tells him. "She wants us to become closer now we're at school." Draco tells his twin. "What do you want?" Deimos asks. "I want my twin." Draco responds.

Deimos smiles "Come on." he tells Draco, passing him his broom and leading him outside. "What are we doing?" Draco asks. Deimos grabs one of the spare brooms "Taking it in turns to ride my broom round the pitch." he tells him. "Why?" Draco asks. "Because we can." Deimos tells him. Draco smiles and nods, the two of them flying round the pitch together until dinner. The two of them land and start walking up to the castle "That was fun, we should do it again." Draco tells his twin. "Definitely." Deimos smiles. "I better head to my table "See you tomorrow?" Draco asks. "See you tomorrow." Deimos nods, heading over to his brother, Hermione and Harry. "What was that?" Ron glares. "What?" Deimos asks. "Why were you with Malfoy?" Ron asks. "He's my brother as much as you three are. We want to spend time together while at school." Deimos responds. "He's a Slytherin." Ron tells him. "Okay? He's still my brother." Deimos points out. "They abandoned you, Deimos. He doesn't care about you, not really. We took you in, you're our family. You should be greatful to us and now you're abandoning us for a slimey snake." Ron says. "RON!" Fred and George glare. Deimos feels tears pool in his eyes "I-I'm not hungry. I'll see you later." he mumbles, getting up and leaving. "Dei!" Hermione calls after him. "Deimos!" the twins call. "Can't handle the truth." Ron mutters. Fred and George glare at him, sending a mix each at him "Fred! George!" Percy exclaims. "Ask him what he said to Deimos, we're going after our brother." the twins tell him.

The twins find Deimos in an alcove, small broken sobs leaving him as his hair turns jet black "Dei..." they trail off sadly, sitting with him. "Why didn't he want me? Why did Lucius send me away?" Deimos asks them in between sobs. The twins wrap their arms round him "Because he didn't see how amazing you are." Fred tells him. "We're lucky to have you as our brother. Ignore what Ron said, if you want to get to know Draco that's your choice." George adds. Deimos snuffles "Thanks." he tells them, hiccuping slightly as he tries to calm down.