Part 16

Once the couple were at Mark's apartment they settled on the sofa. Mark lay quietly with his head in Arizona's lap.

"I'll never forgive her for this Mark." She told him as she soothingly ran her fingers through his hair. "For lying to me. But mostly for hurting you."

"I'll go to a hotel. I just wanted to make sure you're okay." She stated as she attempted get up from her place beneath him.

"No. I-uh please don't go!" Mark pleaded. "At least stay for tonight." He paused. "But you have to promise not to kiss me." He continued with a smirk. Trying to lighten the situation a bit.

"Ass." She smiled, "Just tonight. Tomorrow I'll get a hotel room. " She sounded convinced. Almost.

They were both exhausted and sad. Arizona tried to fall asleep in Mark's bed as he attempted to get settled on the sofa. Neither having much luck. Finally Arizona made her way to the living room. Finding Mark wide awake.

" Hey." She said softly.

"Hey." He answered.

"I...can you please sleep in the bed with me?" Arizona almost whispered. She felt lost. Scared even. Hoping that having him close would ease it some. She had no clue Mark felt the same way.

"Of course, Angel." He replied.

The two friends made their way back to Mark's bed. Arizona crawled into his arms. They talked quietly for a while. Avoiding the subject that devastated the both of them. Neither missed the woman that lay in a coma at SGMW. But both ached to hold the daughter they had lost. She was thriving in the small isolet in the NICU. But sadly she was no longer theirs. And it almost broke them. Soon they both drifted off while clinging to each other. Tomorrow would come soon enough. They would awake remembering what Callie had done. And reliving the loss of the dark haired baby they once called their own. But also knowing they had each other. Best friends. And whatever else this was they were becoming.