Part 19

"Shit." Mark mumbled as he handed Arizona her robe.  She put it on dutifully.

"Babe?" Teddy Altman asked with a hint of shock mixed with confusion. She knew everything that happened with Callie. But this was news to her.

Addison pushed past Teddy and barged into Mark's apartment.  Arizona stood there with the door still open with Teddy in the doorway. Avoiding Teddy's gaze. Teddy moved inside the door. Shutting it behind her.

"What the fuck is going on here?" Addie demanded. "The two of you just walk away from Callie so that you could-could...you left her alone to fuck?" Addison was livid. She looked incredulously from Mark to Arizona.

"I expect this from manwhore here. But you Robbins? Really? I guess the two of you owe Callie a thanks. For giving you each an excuse to act on your shit without guilt. " Addison ranted as she moved closer to Arizona. Poking her chest with her finger. "Maybe you've been fucking all this time!"

"Fuck you Addie! Back off her!" Marked moved between Arizona and Addison protectively.  "We don't owe that lying bitch anything.  Or you for that matter!" Mark shouted angrily.

Arizona reached up and placed her hand on Mark's face. Gently guiding him to look at her. Caressing his cheek. Her touch instantly calming him. He leaned into her touch.

Addison quickly took notice of how easily Arizona calmed Mark.  His features softened as he looked into Arizona's eyes. At her touch. Addie backed away while continuing to watch the couple.

"Arizona.." Teddy started. 

"Teddy,Addison...this, we never meant for this to happen." Arizona wrapped her arms around Mark's waist as he moved to do the same.  "But we are together. We love each other.  I won't apologize for that." She smiled at Mark.

"What Callie did to Mark was unforgivable.  We can't be Callie's people. It's over. Call her father. She shouldn't be alone. Even if we can't be there. He should be." Arizona finished as she walked the two women to the door.

The food arrived as the women stepped onto the elevator in silence.

The new couple fell into each other's arms after their friends left. Down deep they both still  cared for Callie to an extent. Neither in the way they did before. But as a patient that would be enduring months of painful rehab alone.