《Misunderstandings》

"My Lord," Ashiya was the first to wake up that Monday. Maou woke up right after. He looked towards the direction Ashiya was pointing. Urushihara and Hikari were asleep sitting against the wall beside one another. Their heads were leaning towards one another but stayed separate. "Maybe we should wake them up?" Maou bent down and tapped both of them.

"It's time to wake up. Why are you two beside each other?" Maou asked awkwardly. They both woke up by the light tap on their shoulders. Immediately after waking up, their heads slid towards each other's and they were officially woken up by the bump of their two tired heads.

"Huh? You're here?" Hikari turned to Urushihara with a sudden burst of energy. "Why?!"

"I needed to keep an eye on her." He replied sleepily. He turned away from her once again.

"It's not like I'm a criminal." She said putting on her red glasses and adjusting them so that they gleamed in the morning light. It irked her that his lack of eye contact continued. Hikari inched closer trying to view his face.

"W-why are you looking at me like that?!" He said looking from the corner of his eye.

"You gave me strange glares before, and now it's like you can't look at me." She felt her eyebrow twitch.

"What's happening?" Ashiya whispered to Maou. Ashiya and Maou stood there by the side lines watching the whole argument. They sweatdropped.

"Hikari... " Maou stepped in. "We've got to go to work soon."

"Yes, you're right." Hikari slipped away from the conversation and folded her blanket.

There was a knock on the door.

"Hikari-san could you get that?" Maou asked.

"Sure." Hikari was curious who the person at the door would be. After all, who would knock at the Dark Lord's door? She unlocked the door and slowly opened it.

"Maou-uh..." the girl behind the door looked familiar to Hikari. The same light-orange, sunset hair she saw before. This girl was the one who rushed to her aid when she had gone through the gate.

"Chiho-chan! Do you need something?" Maou was ready to go to work. He gathered up his packed lunch and headed to the door.

"O-oh Maou-san, W-well we've just started finals at school so I was thinking just for today I could start work a little early before school started, and work after school as well." Chiho's cheerfulness changed drastically once she saw Hikari.

"That's perfect. I was going to help Hikari-san today. And maybe help with some of the machines to get her ready, so it's good to have some extra help." Hikari left the apartment with Maou and Chiho. Chiho narrowed her eyes at Hikari, wondering if there was something between the stranger and her precious Maou. It didn't take long for Hikari to notice. So she introduced herself.

"I am Suta Hikari. You look very familiar. Have we met before?" Hikari needed to keep up the act that some parts of her memory were blank.

"I'm Sasaki Chiho, were you the girl who fell outside of MgRonald's?" Chiho realized she had seen her before.

"Uh, yes. That was clumsy of me." Hikari chuckled, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Are you the new employee?" Chiho asked.

"Perhaps."

☆☆☆

"Let me check the file for the new transfer employee." Maou and I were in a discussion with the Manager of MgRonald's, Mayumi Kisaki. The manager had dark purple hair which was worn in a side pony tail over her shoulder. Pieces of her bangs were pinned away from her face. She was reaching for a piece of paper. "Ah-ha, there it is," she exclaimed in relief. Kisaki screwed up her face as she examined the employee information.