Trouble (Part One)

"We're in trouble, aren't we?" Yumeko giggled.

Ririka let out a nervous giggle and ran a hand through her hair, a sign of her growing unease.

"Yumeko, you certainly have a way of finding t-trouble, don't you?" Her voice wavered slightly, her composure momentarily slipping. "I mean, this is quite... unexpected."

"It's fine, after all, we can just help her?"

The two were on a vampire hunt with Mary, and had snuck away secretly to rescue a young vampire who had been caught by one of the many traps set by the blonde.

They had just released her and now there were footsteps approaching, indicating Mary's arrival.

"I'll grab her and lead her to the forest," Ririka said. "I'm a newbie, so getting lost shouldn't be a problem."

The two spoke in the vampire language, known as "Sanguinarian," an ancient and mystical tongue that transcends the comprehension of humans.

When spoken by vampires, it manifests as an ethereal symphony of sounds and vibrations that are beyond the range of human hearing. These sounds resonate at frequencies and wavelengths far removed from the auditory spectrum that humans can perceive.

To humans who hear the vampire language, it appears as an enigmatic and mesmerizing phenomenon. They might perceive it as a soft, haunting hum that seems to linger on the edge of their awareness. It has been likened to the distant, melodic chiming of bells on a calm, moonlit night or the soothing rush of wind through a forest of ancient trees, depending on the human.

However, humans can only catch fleeting glimpses of these sounds, and their attempts to reproduce or understand them often result in mere echoes of the true, complex beauty of Sanguinarian. It remains a captivating mystery, a language that is as elusive as the vampires themselves, leaving those who encounter it with a sense of awe and wonder.

Mary had an acute sense of hearing, and to speak English would be suicide. For all three of the vampires.

"Alright," Yumeko said. "See you later then."

Ririka nodded.

As she approached the vampire youngling, she removed her mask. The child's wide, innocent eyes met hers, filled with both fear and curiosity.

With a gentle yet swift motion, Ririka reached out and scooped up the youngling into her arms. The child gasped in surprise but quickly sensed a comforting presence in Ririka's embrace.

In an instant, Ririka's powers of super speed came into play. She moved so swiftly that it was as if she had become a blur, leaving only a faint trace of moonlight in her wake. The world around them shifted in a dizzying whirlwind as they covered an impossible distance in mere moments.

Ririka carefully set the youngling down at the entrance of the secret path leading to Lunaris Stronghold.

The youngling, her eyes filled with gratitude and determination, whispered to Ririka, "I know the way to the kingdom. Thank you for bringing me this far." She tilted her head, eyebrows furrowing. "Are you Madame Momobami's twin sister, Miss Momobami?"

With a soft smile and a nod, Ririka watched as the youngling ventured into the path, disappearing into the enchanting realm.

~~~~~

With a sense of purpose and understanding beyond her years, the youngling pressed her fingers to the mossy surface in a specific sequence, each touch deliberate and measured. As her fingers danced across the stones, a soft, melodic hum began to resonate through the air.

The sequence of touches seemed to awaken the stones, as if they were part of a long-forgotten song of the forest. The moss covering the stones shivered and slowly receded, revealing the iridescent surface beneath. It was as though the tree itself responded to the youngling's touch, offering up its secrets.

(Meariri) (Kirasaya) Crimson NocturneOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara