Revelations (Part Two)

'I'm not leaving Mary, Rari,' she stated determinedly, trying not to cower under the pair of overbearing blue eyes.

'Fell in love I see,' her sister replied, chuckling. 'And what if I tell you you have no choice?'

Ririka bit her lip as she digested this. Lunaris Stronghold was where she was born and raised, met friends and where she lived for most of her life so far. Her home. She had never ever thought of leaving, so what has changed?

The vampire's cheeks reddened slightly.

Why, lots had changed. Especially her love life. Mary. Ririka was certain she wasn't going to leave her. Human or not, Mary was who she intended to spend the rest of her life with, even though they had only went on 3 dates so far. But still...

She closed her eyes, picturing her girlfriend as they hung out at their usual exclusive spot in the woods around the campus. How much fun they had, pranking the other vampire hunters...

Then the vampire open her eyes and her twin sister came into view. Her beloved younger sister, who was with her everyday since the day they were born, who chose to play with her when others excluded her, who defended her when no one else did...

But Mary was different, wasn't she? Mary taught Ririka to defend herself, and didn't see her as a weakling who needed protection. Kirari might have never treated her sister like that, but she certainly deemed Ririka as someone who couldn't stand her ground and protected her repeatedly. Mary knew she was capable of being strong, Kirari didn't. But Kirari knew Ririka like the back of her hand, inside out...Mary didn't.

Kirari tilted her head slightly, taking in Ririka's perturbed expression, before smiling as Ririka face took on a passive expression.

She was confident her sister would make the right choice. After all, they always swore to do what was best for the kingdom, they grew up together. Surely she wouldn't choose a mere human over her. A vampire hunter, no less.

"No."

The Vampire Queen's eyes widened, something very few lived to see.

"Pardon?"

"No," Ririka repeated. "I'm staying with Mary, even if I have to turn my back on Lunaris, forever."

Kirari's eyes narrowed and her amused smile turned into a frown, as she brought her hand to her chin in deep thought. Her arctic eye analysed her sister's posture, facial expression, for a sign that she was joking, a hint, anything----

The Vampire Queen let out an exhale, one that sent shivers down her sister's spine. Kirari's pupils turned grey as she bared her fangs, which had turned even more razor sharp than they had always been. Very few people have seen the Queen's pupils turn grey, much less black. Those who had witnessed her black pupils were all gone, returned to the earth before they could scream.

All but her wife.

The thought of Sayaka seemed to calm the Queen down as her pupils reverted back to their original colour, her fangs turning back to their normal state.

She licked her lips, grinning maliciously.

"How..."

Ririka grimaced as she waited for the predictable word her sister always used.

But it never came.

"Annoying," Kirari finished as she glared down at her sister, despite being the same height as her.