chapter five

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫•••

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫
•••

"Good work, you lumps of talent," clapped Ego from the screen. "Results are everything here. Now get out, loser Seji! You're disqualified." His chilling voice echoed throughout the room making everybody tense.

Seji was covering his bleeding nose and yelling part of his outrage. After hearing this from Ego, you realized that the room's size and the penalty area's size are same. You already know that, Seji is just too stupid to realize it. He exits the room after giving you a death gaze to bring everything to a close. Anyone who is unable to survive this battlefield obviously lacks the skills necessary to be a striker.

The sound of speaker cracking back to life as the bowl-cut man spoke again. "Congratulations, you've passed the blue lock entrance text. There are eleven of you in each room, from now on, you'll be living together, and sharing common destiny. Sometimes you'll cooperate. Sometimes betray each other. Rivals carving out a shared-dream, as blue lock's team (t/n)."

The image of Ego vanished as the television went dark. Your ear is still filled with the man's remarks. And you were feeling something's odd. Like something unfamiliar feeling was slowly caging your body, but still, you shrugged it off.

As you started to stand up, a shadow suddenly appeared in front of you, making you shudder.

"Why'd you do that?" The one who you recognized as Ryu murmured, loudly enough for you to hear.

"...do what?" you blink in confusion staring at the male.

"It's meant to be you." he mumbled, fist clenching. "It's meant to be you, not him, who loses!" he continued.

You stare at him blankly, thinking how dumb he is.

"It's clearly you who kicked the ball to him," you stated. "Why are you suddenly making it sound like it's my fault?

"It is!" exclaimed the guy. "If you hadn't tossed me the ball, then the ball should have stayed with you! Why did you do that?

"Because your monster says so."

As those words left your mouth, the man turned to face you. Your serious, stoic expression and red, solely blinking eyes caught his attention.

"I only give you a hand so you may get what you desire," You spoke. "and that is destroying your friend's dream. Is there anything wrong with helping your teammates?"

The silence around you became even more abundant. All eyes are on you. Ryu clicked his tongue and grunted under his breath. Did you seriously mean everything you said? he thought.

"He's not my friend." Ryu claimed, leaving the room and slamming the door shut. You released a breath after that and slumped your body to the ground.

What's going on with me?

I have no control over the words I'm saying.

A shiver suddenly creeps up your spine as you feel a pair of eyes staring at you. You moved your head to the corner of the room and saw a pair of teal eyes digging through your own. He is of average height, slim, and of good build. He has dark green hair with a bang going across his face, more in his right eye. But what stands out about him the most are his long leashes.

Why the hell is he staring at me.

"K-k-kei-san!"

You turned around to face Tokimitsu, who was currently running towards you. His face still holds a timid look.

"T-that was amazing!" he stated proudly, making you nod.

"Your tactics is just as stylish as you." grinned the long haired Aryu who is making his way to you.

Everyone else continues to take a bath throughout the remainder of the training program, with the exception of you after that. Surprisingly, you and the lash guy waited the entire time for the other person to finish taking a bath. There was complete stillness between the two of you. Before the lash guy, whose name you still don't know, spoke.

"How'd you do that?" His voice is cold, as you can already decipher from the way he looks.

"You're asking the same question the guy asked before." You tilted your head slightly before his eyebrow twitched.

"Answer my question," he remarked. "How do you control the game like that?

"I have no idea what you're talking about." you answered.

"You control the three seconds remaining of the game. If the dumb guy ducked away and didn't catch the ball, you'll probably lose."

"But i didn't."

"That's why I'm asking why as lukewarm person as you, do the thing."

lukewarm?

"... Nothing in particular, It's just...pure luck." you mumbled the last two words making him raised his brows.

"What?"

"No, forget about that." you grinned only for him to glare at you.

"Lukewarm." he stated and left you alone.

Lukewarm? Damn, this dude is making me hungry.

You enter the restroom and look around, but there is nothing there. You quickly lock the door so that no one can see you.

You move near one of the showers and disrobe, placing the binder on your chest while still wearing only your underwear. You took it off for a moment so you could breathe, and then you turned on the shower. You feel as though you are in heaven when the cool water touches your body.

You scrubbed yourself thoroughly before getting dressed in Blue Lock's pajamas and exiting the restroom.