chapter eight

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫•••

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫
•••

Isagi Yoichi from Team Z made his way towards the dining room after his training. It's actually pretty late, and he had just gotten his dinner.

The whole dining room is quietly peaceful. The blue-haired guy made his way towards the food dispenser, putting his number on the machine and getting his food. Disappointed was written all over his face seeing the same food all over the week. He then walked towards one of the tables and slumped his body into the chair.

I wasn't progressing at all, he thought.

"Ah, I'm beat," he mumbled, staring at the ceiling like there was something interesting there. A moment of silence hovered over the whole room until he heard a sound of a plate clanking. He's sure that he didn't touch his food yet, so who is it?

"Here," a small voice stated, and then he saw a piece of sushi on his very own plate.

Eh?

He looked at the person in front of him. A familiar, messy wolf cut dark hair underneath a towel and had scarlet eyes staring at him with such an unreadable expression.

Pretty.

Wait what?

"You can have that," you said, pushing the tea beside him. "This too."

"Eh?" were the only words that came out of Isagi blinking at you.

Isagi was speechless while staring at you. He couldn't even sense your presence if you hadn't just called him. Maybe he was too tired to notice it? But it's impossible.

"You don't want it?" you mumbled after seeing him not touch his food.

"What? Ah, no, I mean, yes, I want it!" Isagi panicked, looking at you. "Thank you...?"

"Kei. My name is Kei."

"Kei-san, thank you for the food. The name's Yoichi Isagi," grinned Isagi. "And what about you?"

"It's fine; I have enough food on my plate, Isagi-san," you answered, mouth full of rice.

You both shared a comfortable silence in the dining room. The only sound I heard was the sound of the utensils and your munching.

"Uhm, what team are you, Kei-san?" Isagi tried to speak first, wanting to know you.

"(team name)," you answered.

"Oh, that's pretty high," he commented, amazement in his face.It's pretty late for a dinner, Kei-san; why'd you come this late?" Isagi's not trying to invade your privacy. He really just wanted to interact with you.

"Hmm, I'm playing in the training room, and I forgot to notice the time." You grinned and drank your water. "What about you, Isagi-san?"

"W-well, I've been running around for so long, and I forgot to have dinner until my stomach grumbled." He scratched his nape while explaining, making you scoof.

"We are the same, aren't we?" you giggle, and he snorts, nodding at you in agreement.

Both of you shared another comfortable silence until someone entered the scene. A spiky orange-haired guy is walking in your direction.

"Good work today, Isagi. Mind if I sit here?"

"Kunigami?" said Isagi at the orange-haired guy whose name is Kunigami.

"Is your side dish always Nato?" asked the guy, making Isagi sweat.

"This is what it's like for us low-rankers, but I got sushi-aren't you eating?"

They talked like I wasn't here. The Kunigami guy probably hasn't noticed me yet, you thought.

"I just came here to thank you," stated the tangerine hair.

"Huh? For what?" asked Isagi.

"That passed. Thanks, man. I live my life fair and square."

"You came all the way here just to say that?" sweat dropped the raven-haired. "Oh, by the way, I've been meaning for you to meet Kei-san," a smile plastered on Isagi's face pointed at you.

Kunigami slowly fixed his vision in front of him, and an inexplicable expression was drawn on his face after noticing you.

"WHAT THE HELL?" he yelled, shocked, written all over his face.

"Hello there," you grinned, waving your hands at him.

"Who the hell is he? Isagi?" panicked the orange-haired guy.

"Wait, you didn't notice him? That's exactly the same thing happened to me, hehe. He's been here the whole time," grinned Yoichi.

"H-he's been-what?"

"Hahaha! Well, this is Kei-san, and Kei-san, this is Kunigami, my teammate."

"Yo!"

"Wow," mumbled Kunigami, scanning you.

"I'm sorry for eavesdropping on your conversation; I didn't mean that," you cheekily stated, scratching your nape.

"Oh, wait, you look familiar," he mumbled, scanning you. "Don't you remember him, Isagi?"

"Hm? No, I don't," answered Isagi.

"The pretty guy last week who barged in our room," stated Kunigami, then looked at you. Isagi did the same for you. You, on the other side, are just staring at the two. This is literally a staring contest.

"Now that you say it..." mumbled Isagi.

That's when Kunigami made his way towards the goal bonus machine that trades your goal into any prizes. He got a steak and made his way, sitting next to Isagi.

"So... Isagi, can you tell me about your pretty friend here?" Kunigami asked as Isagi was already digging his half steak that Kunigami offered.

"Oh, we just met today, and he offered me sushi, hehe," grinned Isagi, savoring his steak.

"And what's just happened last week?" asked Kunigami. "I thought you were one of us when you suddenly slammed the door shut and didn't come back."

"I'm kind of lost that time." Your mouth formed thin lines, trying to hide your embarrassment.

"Pfft!" laughed Isagi.

"That's crazy," followed Kunigami.

That night, the three of you talked about anything you could think of. You can say that you enjoy the presence of both. You also learned about their match that ended 5-1, which made them very sad. You talked a lot, all about soccer. So that night, the
Three of you returned to your respective rooms late. But for some reason, you were happy to have a new friend.