chapter ten

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫•••

❪𝐁𝐋𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐊❫
•••

With five minutes left, Nagi was staring at you, wondering how you had tied the score with him. Although he knew going into the game that he would win, he still doesn't understand after witnessing the match's draw score in the first half. Something strange began to crawl into him. He's not even a true match, so why is he gradually getting anxious?

"That move, is a spin roulette." Nagi mumbled.

"Yep." you nodded sipping on your water bottle.

"How." His question doesn't even sounded like a question, it's sound a demand.

You took a swallow of water and replied, "I read your moves." "I give up the two goals in the beginning of the match to read you. Which I did. Dribbling , shooting, passing, ball control, you've got that much. However your lack of effort is taking over and so I take advantage of that."

You observed him digesting what you said. Actually, everything you said is true. He's talented, good, and incredible. You intend to beat the real deal out of him in order to make him understand something.

The buzzer goes off, signaling the beginning of the second half of the game. Now that he had the ball in his possession, Nagi shot across the field in your direction, desperate to score a goal for himself. You thought you had an opportunity to steal the ball when he lifted his foot, but he kicked it to the side instead. You turn to check behind you and see that the ball isn't going into the net, but Nagi suddenly appears to kick the ball directly into the net, scoring a goal.

3-2

"Woah, you're fast!" you yelled in amazement running towards him and hold your hands up."High five!"

"I'm your opponent, are you some kind of idiot?" mumbled Nagi making you pout. "And it was my score."

"So?"

When you didn't take your hand out of the air, Nagi noticed it and blinked. He looked at his hand before raising it to your little one. He murmured, breathing fiercely, "High five."

You smiled and stepped back into the center. "I have to get ready for this prodigy guy's next trick," you thought to yourself. Nagi sprinted after the ball as soon as the buzzer went off. You sprint in on him as he shifts to take the ball. With a grin on your face, you dashed to the other side where Nagi quickly blocked your kick, only for Nagi to stop it again. However, he had to push the block in order for you to simply steal the ball.

With a tongue-click, Nagi trailed you while perspiring profusely. When you witnessed Nagi skillfully guarding the goal, you took up position in the field's corner. With a sly smile, you sprint towards the ball and twirl around momentarily before doing a kickoff.

3-3

Nagi had never experienced the strange sense of retrograding before. He seemed to be experiencing excitement for this game on the inside. This is beyond his understanding. He can almost see you ruling the field because you are standing on your own two feet.

He checked the time left. Thirty minutes. He can handle of it. He really is able of doing it. However, he was interrupted from his thought when he noticed you approaching his gaunt form.

"Nagi, do you feel it?" you inquired, your eyes gleaming brilliantly in the field. "The thrill of soccer is the feeling of defeat writhing on your back."

After you stated that, he doesn't know why he ran to steal the ball so quickly after the buzzer went off again.

Reo, is this what you always feel? He pondered.

combined with a desire to win the match and effort. It was something he desired. Even though it's just a one-on-one match, he wanted to win. His goal was to crush you.

The buzzer ring again indicating the restart of the game. You had immediately saw Nagi dribbling the ball to your side with such a crazy speed. A smirk slowly creep in your lips. That's it. You move in attempt to steal a ball only for him to skillfully do a feint one.

"Oh?" you mumbled .

You moved into his rushing form right away and eventually stole the ball with a slide. You saw him snap his head at your foot as soon as the ball touched it, and you took advantage of the opportunity to rotate your body, shift your weight, and kick the ball in the direction of the net.

Bam!

Gazing at the ball rolling toward the opposite half of the room, Nagi was lost in his own thoughts. He can hear his own rapid breathing throughout the 1vs1 and the tight quiet between themselves. When the white head turned to face you, he noticed that you were staring at him.

"You-" Nagi cut his own words with his eyes slightly widened slowly walking towards you. "You win."

You grinned and slumped your body to the ground. "That was amazing, right Nagi?"

Nagi look at you and sit beside you. "I don't know." he mumbled. "I... I feel something different...but I don't know what it called."

You giggle, glancing at him. Ruffling his smooth hair and catching the man off guard, he says, "You're probably stunned or thrilled." With your eyes fixed on the ceiling, you lay on the ground. "Soccer is thrilling when your foot touches the ball. It was even more amazing when everyone was doing their best to beat you. The looks everybody faces when you are all on the edge of winning and at the same time, losing. That makes soccer an incredible game."

Given the chance to enjoy it, why would anybody waste their time stressing about losing?

Nagi looks at you from below, then considers what you just said. This is the first time he has felt like this in six months of playing soccer with his pal. Anything uninteresting always seems to him. It's getting increasingly tiresome even to play mobile games. Playing soccer is the only thing keeping him sane. At the conclusion of the game, though, he still felt the same way. He recalls how they dominated the game in their most recent 8-0 victory. Though he finds them uninteresting, they win that. This feeling that's crawling across his body right now. Does he think it's amazing?

"Kei." he suddenly called making you looked up at him.

"Play with me again."

Muttering curses, you steadied yourself and gripped the railing to prevent falling. You won in the one-on-one match. As per the agreement, if you win, he will comply with your commands, and if he loses, you will carry him; nevertheless, the current situation is the opposite. You win, but here you are, carrying the giant white hair after he let himself fall asleep in the field.

"Nagi." You gently shake his leg that wraps around your waist to ask him something. "I'm in the hallway; now tell me where's your room."

Instead of giving you a proper answer, he only tightens his hold around your shoulder and presses his face toward the crook of your neck.

This little-

You sigh in annoyance then decided to walked around, finally seeing a letter V attached to the door. You slowly knock on the door and wait for a second until purple haired shows up.

•••

jj:| happy new year everyone!!