8. after math ⛈️

It's the ungodly hour of 3:16am, and sleep is playing hard to get. I'm still tangled in thoughts, debating whether a visit to the police station is in the cards. You see, after bidding adieu to my former self, something rather eventful unfolded on the sea shore.

I must say, I executed the perfect sabotage of Ram's wedding. But let's not forget, Ram happens to be my next-door neighbor. And as fate would have it, dear old dad was on the guest list too. So, whatever spectacle went down, my dad had a front-row seat to the show.

As I stood on the sea shore bidding my old self adieu, the caress of warm waves on my feet was oddly soothing. Suddenly, a powerful force crashed into me. I teetered, but managed to regain my balance just in time to hear my dad's furious voice. "Shameless! I will kill you," he thundered.

I turned to find him clutching a slender, ornately decorated bamboo pole, reminiscent of the wedding's intricate design. It seemed he'd picked it up from the festivities. Without a word, he lunged at my thighs, his formidable strength propelling each blow.

Fury radiated from my dad, his next strike imminent. In a surge of adrenaline, I snatched the bamboo from his grasp and flung it defiantly into the sea. It bobbed and swayed, carried by the relentless waves. Disappointment etched across his face, he turned and walked away.

As I pivoted, I found myself encircled by a cadre of Ram's cousins, a lively bunch I'd danced with at Sana's wedding. Luv and Kush, the dynamic twin brothers, seized my arms and hauled me towards the water. The twin sisters, sassy Sasi and spirited Salu, shot me accusing glares, still fuming over my wedding-wrecking antics.

Sasi, her voice edged with disbelief, demanded an explanation for my audacity in spoiling the celebration. I met her gaze squarely and declared, "I saved a girl from a lifetime with Ram."

"Just apologize to our family." Sasi suggested.
"Did Ram sent you?" I ask.
"No! But if you don't come with us. Things can get worse." Sasi blackmails.
"you are better than this. We can talk." I muttered, acutely aware of their intentions. The twin brothers exerted their force, compelling me to kneel. The water surged around me, enveloping me up to my chest. Then, in an instant, a colossal wave surged forth, swallowing me whole. I clenched my teeth, holding my breath as time seemed to stretch infinitely.

Summoning every ounce of strength, I seized the forearms of the twin brothers, determined to reclaim control. With a surge of resolve, I hoisted myself upward, breaking through the surface and gasping for precious air.

Salu, the youngest and the most volatile of the lot, closed in, seizing a handful of my hair from the crown. Our eyes locked in a chilling exchange before her slap landed, a merciless punctuation mark to the chaos. "Consider it a lesson in moving forward," she spat.

My patience snapped, and I leveled a warning at her, "You're still a child, oblivious to what's coming. You may want to reconsider your next move."

"Just save your breath, or you might get a real punch," Salu sneered.

I snatched the decorated bamboo, bobbing conveniently within my reach, and shot back, "You fancy yourself a black belt?"

Luv was the first to feel the sting of my warning, "Don't tempt fate... you won't like the outcome." I cautioned once more. With a wince, Luv clutched his thigh, edging away from me.

Kush's grip on my arm persisted, his face registering the first strike. My rage surged, a relentless tide. I battled the urge, reminding myself they were just impulsive teenagers. Kush's cry pierced the air.

Suddenly, they rallied, desperate to shield their fallen comrade. Salu, undeterred, seized me from behind and sank her teeth into my neck. Sharp. Calculated. My anger roared to life.