Chapter 24 ~ Zabini Mansion

Cass' dress^

Hogwarts ended early and every student went home quietly and quickly, no one really wanting to say anything about the events that had happened.

Amy and I were headed back to my parents for the first few days of summer as we had both been invited to a party at Blaise's mother's and having no beef with Blaise, I agreed to go under the condition we avoided all Malfoys.

"Cass, my bags have arrived. How are you getting yours?" Amy asked as she picked uo her newly packed bags that had arrived at the station waiting for her. Her Hogwarts luggage had disappeared and now she was all set for the stay at at the Zabini mansion.

"I think my mother sent them to the Zabini house earlier today. If not, I can always pop home quickly," I explained and Amy nodded slowly, not really wanting to let me out her sight in case I went home and never left my room again, which I'll admit was a tempting idea.

"Ok, we best get there, Mrs Zabini will no doubt want to double check our outfits before we start getting ready," Amy said with a sigh. Mrs Zabini meant well, always did, but she loved perfection and always had to check everything before it happened so she could make sure things would go as she wanted them.

I took Amy's hand and apparated us both to the main gate of the Zabini mansion, not wanting to just appear inside and scare anyone.
Amy led the way up the driveway to the front door where she knocked and a small house elf entered.

"Miss Finnegan, Miss Welsh. Mistress Zabini has asked me to lead you to your rooms as soon as you arrive and help you settle in. Please follow Dinky," the house elf said, sort if introducing herself.

We followed the small elf through the grand Manor and I had to pause a moment to take in the sights. Where the Malfoy Manor was magnificent in its simplistic brilliance, tall windows and walls with plain decor that stood out in a striking way, the Zabini mansion was oppulance defined. Every surface shone with gold and silver trim, no corner of a room missed and beautiful carved wooden furniture filled the spaces perfectly as if it were a museum, depicting the perfect Manor. Truthfully I found it all a bit much to live in but as a spectacle, it couldn't be beat.

"Miss Welsh is in this room. Miss Finnegan, you are in this room next door. Master Zabini is down the hall," Dinky said pointing out some doors along the hallway as we reached the second floor.

Amy and I were in rooms next to each other and it seemed Blaise was only two doors down, with one door between my room and his.

"Are there other guests staying?" I asked, noticing the extra room had a faint light shining from beneath the door crack.

"Master Malfoy arrived an hour ago with Master Zabini. And Mistress Parkinson a day ago with her family, staying on the third floor. We are expecting Master Crabbe by the end of the evening as well," Dinky said and Amy gulped at the mention of Pansy. No doubt having Blaise's ex under the same roof would start some drama, but I was more concerned with the fact the room next to mine was supposedly inhabited by the person who made me want to throw knives at his skull.

"Amy is there any chance we could switch rooms?" I asked and she nodded, understanding entirely.

"I'm sorry Miss but the rooms have been made out specially for each guest. Mistress Zabini would be most displeased if a guest was in the wrong room," Dinky said, sounding worried and i realised Mrs Zabini must have put her perfectionists touch on the rooms for each individual.

"Then I guess I just have to keep it together," I sighed, looking to Amy for sympathy but instead saw her looking down with a guilty expression.

"Amy?" I asked, snapping her out if her daze and she looked up to meet my eyes with a smile. A forced one but the look of guilt was gone.