05

I'm spending the next two days studying, so I took off from work. Savannah and I planned what we would study first and everything. Waking up at 6am we began to study.

We had a phone basket and everything to keep us all distracted.

"Can I tell Liam I won't be at the coffee shop yet?" I whined.

Savannah is my best friend and my supportive mother I never had.

"Fine quick tho."

Opening my phone I expected to see atleast a few messages, but there were none.

HI
so i'm taking two days off so u might need to fight yourself a new source of coffee.

I turned off my phone, then getting back to studying. That's when we heard a knock at the door. It's Savannah's boyfriend.

"Baby!" She squealed jumping into his arms while he carried in a bin of snacks.

"Here, and uh what's up Katerina?" I smiled, waving.

"Nothing much! Thanks for the snacks." I smiled as he left.

"You have the perfect boyfriend, mine can't even say goodmorning," I glared.

She looked up from her paper, "Maybe he is just warming up?"

I shrugged it off and kept studying. When it hit 3 I thought I was going to pass out.

"Hey I'm gonna hit the vending machines for monsters," I yawned getting up and leaving.

Checking my phone, there was still no text.

As I walked up to the vending machine, getting energy drinks.

"Those for you and Sav's annual all day study," A familiar voice, my ex, Jake.

"Katerina can we talk in my room?" He asked while we walked.

As we walked in I looked at the bed that we, never mind. I sat down on the chair across from the bed because it's just bad.

"I want you back." He smiled.

My heart stopped.

He wants me back?

"I- I don't know what to say," I stuttered.

I quickly got up, and making sure nobody saw me leaving his room. I walked back, monsters in hand, and went into the room.

"Fucking Jake wants me back again and I said Fuck no for the 50th time," I said walking in not even looking up.

That's when I looked up to Liam standing there.

"Oh."

"Oh hey," he said silently with a almost stern tone.

"I just wanted to come by because I was going to be seeing you. but seems like you guys have a real nice conversation coming so Im out." He scoffed pushing past me.

"Wait Liam." I said running after him.

"Me and Jake we have been done for a while," I said as he turned back.

He shook his head, "Fuck! I can't date a college girl knowing she could easy fall in love with another guy."

"But Im not that kind of girl," I cried.

"Look I'll see you when I see you." He glared.

As he left my building a few guys came out.

"Shitt your boyfriend told you," They laughed.

"shut up!" I yelled.

•~•~•~•~•~•~• 1 week later

It had been a week since I talked to Liam. Something felt like it died inside me. I passed all my finals and it's officially summer. He didn't go to the coffee shop for a few days either.