Chapter 6 - Return

Four hours of sleep was definitely not enough for middle-schoolers. Muslim kids had to wake up early for their fajr prayer before sunrise while the others prepared breakfast and tidy up their campsite, if they want to go back to Semenanjung early. Gopal turned rocks and twigs to raw food materials as Fang and Ying took out a small pot and pan from the bag. Deep examined the food materials. There was tofu, carrots, cabbages, potatoes, and some other veggies.

(Note that Muslims can only eat meat from halal slaughtered animal, and Indians can't eat beef, therefore I didn't put any animal products to the food Gopal transformed)

"Woaaah! Everything looks so fresh!" He complimented.

"Hehe, thanks!"

Gopal looked at the ingredients he prepared. It reminded him to the moment of cooking test during TAPOPS entry test he took a while back, transforming various objects and unknown vegetables into cooking ingredients that he familiars with. He quickly gave these to Ying for further processing (washing and chopping) and start to assemble the campfire again. He then called BoBoiBoy to turn the fire on using his fire elemental power and the orange boy transformed himself to his fire elemental form, all with the sleeveless shirt and shorts. He blew a fire breath as the campfire back on. Fang puts one pot filled with uncooked rice drowned in water on one side of the cooking spot, while Yaya and Ying gave the processed ingredients to Gopal for further cooking. He stretched his arm.

"Alright. Check this out!"

Oil was quickly poured to the heated pan as he tilted it to make the liquid spread evenly to the surface. He waited until the oil heats for a bit and start to put the chopped shallots and garlic in, grabbing the spatula and let it sizzles in the pan as he sprinkled salt, sugar, and pepper. Chopped carrots, cabbage and long beans were added, he poured water gradually in, then some cubed tofu and potatoes, let it sit there, tossed it again, tasting it a bit and adjust the flavour, everything was done so professionally by the molecule manipulator boy. The other kids sat down surrounding the chef as they watch him in astonishment. Gopal made another toss, food was floating in the air, some kids were cheering while the others gasped. It didn't take long for the food to be ready, only 25 minutes.

"Food is served!" Gopal shouted as he poured the stir-fried vegetables to a big bowl Fang prepared on his side, showing his beautiful steaming warm masterpiece to the audience circling him. Everyone clapped as they begin to line up to take the cutlery and take the rice from the pot.

The food recipe was simple though, but the effort and passion poured in the process gave a kick.

"Your cooking taste really good!" Pian complimented as he cherishes the flavour of the vegetables in his mouth.

"Hehehe, it's nothing. I just love to eat and cook food, so it must taste good to appetize me. Also, my Amma sometimes asked me to help her to cook."

"Really? Sounds cool!"

Amato joined the conversation, "Speaking about delicious food, you guys should try Pian's barbeque and grill! He's so good at grilling and making the sauce for it."

Deep agreed with it. "Even his vegetable grill is good! Never forget to add his homemade sauce on top!"

BoBoiBoy giggled. He remembered few years ago Uncle Pian invited him to barbeque together at his place. He must agree that Pian's homemade barbeque sauce is really something for human taste buds to try.

"Can't disagree with that."

His comment caught Mara's attention. "Oh, you've tried it before?"

BoBoiBoy playfully hummed as he inserted a spoon full of rice and veggies into his mouth. He munched it and nods. "Um-hm!" He finally swallowed it. "Uncle Pian from our timeline invited me to his place and I get to taste it back then. Most of you were there too."