S1 Ep 8: Mt Chimney

Deimos kicked the door open, leaving room for Sanford's Breloom to run off with Froakie on its back into the open. Immediately, some of the goons were drawn away, however others tried to push their way into the house.

It wasn't a particularly smart move on their end, as Flint spat an ember into the person trying to shove the door open, who stumbled back in a panic as his clothes caught on fire. Finally, the door was closed and locked again, and they had a distraction running around town.

Now, Hank took the chance to peek out of the window again. There were significantly less surrounding them, but still too many to not be noticed.

"Well, now what?" Deimos looked to him expectantly as he took a seat in a nearby rocking chair. He had no answer, so he just shook his head, gently rocking back and forth.

"I told you, we need backup!" Sanford turned on Deimos again, but for the life of him he didn't see their arguments as serious. Despite the circumstances, there was a strange air of friendliness about them.

"Hey, we're getting somewhere!" Deimos argued, before looking at Hank for reassurance, "Right?"

Hank thought for a moment, as Sparks walked over and lay their head in his lap. "Yes, but I have no ideas from here."

Sanford smacked Deimos over the back of the head, "Ow!"

"What now, smart guy?" Sanford crossed his arms as Deimos jabbed him in the side.

"We come up with a quick plan." Flint walked over and began head butting into Sanford's leg. It didn't seem to be doing anything.

"Uh huh. And the plan is?" Sanford raised a brow at Deimos, who stood frozen with a look of annoyance plastered over his face. Hank watched silently, stroking Sparks's head as they began softly purring.

"...We... We... We break down the back wall and leg it up the mountain!" It was hard to imagine that would work, but seeing the scenario, there wasn't much else. He looked to Sanford, who just shrugged and took out a ball from his belt.

"Sure. But if this goes wrong it's on you, alright?" He added, pointing at Deimos before letting the ball drop and open on what he could only assume was a Pokémon capable of breaking down walls.

"Yeah, whatever." The shape of the Pokémon coming from the hall started small, and he wondered what something that small could actually do. Though, the mass of light kept growing larger, until it stopped at just under Hank's height. As the light dissipated in left an Emboar at its wake. For once, it seemed like someone here might have a Pokémon strong enough for their job to make sense.

The Emboar looked at Sanford, waiting for something to do, "Break."

Sanford uttered the simple command and pointed to the wall. A little condescending in Hank's opinion, but it would work. They huffed, two small streaks of fire emerging from their nostrils before they charged, letting out a cry as they slammed into the wall.

The wood splintered and snapped, making a deafening crunch as the Emboar backed away, readying to charge again. This time the wall broke, and they emerged on the other side, before stopping and looking back to Sanford for instruction again.

Deimos ran out, followed by Sanford, then Hank. The Emboar was returned to their ball as everyone passed by, and they could hear a large group of those water idiots from before running after them, only now with fire shooting past them as they made a break for the base of the mountain.

Hearing strangely heavy Pokémon-like footsteps he saw the Breloom run past him, before pacing itself next to Sanford. Froakie was still on its back, shooting jets of water back into the fire, and soaking him and Deimos in the process. On the bright side, it would be harder for them to catch on fire. On the darker side, now his clothes stuck to his skin uncomfortably.