S1 Ep 11: Cruise conflict!

For now it seemed, the cabins were still safe, but he didn't know how long it would be before they started trailing down the stairs. So, he paced mindlessly around the room as he tried to make a plan.

Daz and Sparks were huddled on the bed, as Daz seemed particularly shaken up after what they just saw. In all honesty, he was surprised Sparks didn't run off on their own for once. At least he didn't have to sit worrying.

After pacing for a while he remembered seeing rope hung over the wheel of a bulkhead. It wasn't perfect, but he could try tying it across the top of the stairs to trip them on the way down. Opening the door he turned back, trying to sound stern so Sparks would actually listen, "stay."

However, he still left the door ajar. If something happened, they couldn't exactly open doors that quickly. Walking down the corridor he found the bundle of rope that had been left on the bulkhead. It was thicker, and more conspicuous than he thought, but he'd have to make do. Creeping back up the steps he made sure to stay low, keeping a close eye on where the majority of this new group was gathered.

They'd mostly surrounded the middle of the ship where the cafeteria was, but there was the occasional guard scouting the ship. He could barely hear someone speaking over the crowd, and he soon realised it was the man in the lab coat. While the man himself didn't particularly scare Hank, his blastoise looked much tougher than most they'd already encountered. The last thing he wanted was to fight that thing, so he committed himself to tying it as quickly as possible.

It was a rush job, but at least he finished quickly. He ducked halfway down the stairs, before hearing quiet steps behind him. He almost jumped out of his skin before realising it was Sparks and Daz.

"I told you to stay put!" He whispered harshly, though Sparks kept walking. On second glance, he realised Daz was holding onto them, trying to drag them back out into the corridor, though they obviously couldn't muster the strength.

As Sparks stalked up the stairs, he quickly realising what they were doing. Without thinking he took their ball off his belt, retrieving them. However, it was much louder than he anticipated, and both he and Daz stood deathly still, listening closely for any indication of being heard.

There came a few questioning voices at first, before shadows appeared over the stairs. Cursing under his breath he retreated to his cabin. Though, when he looked back Daz hadn't followed him in. He gestured for them to follow, however they stayed in the hallway.

"Oh, just a frogadier." A voice came, to which Hank retreated back into his room, and Daz glanced at him once more with a slight nod.

"But I swear to you, it sounded like a pokeball!" Another insisted, as Hank slid himself under the bed.

"Well, I sure as hell can't hear anyone else down here." The other replied, "let's just take it with us, it's probably one of the passenger's pokemon."

"Fine, fine..." He watched as they ushered Daz away, and he wondered why on Earth they weren't putting up a fight. Daz was probably frightened out of their mind, sure, but it wasn't like them to just allow themself to be captured. "But I still think someone's down here..."

"What makes you say that?" The voices began getting fainter, and he struggled to hear the last bit, but heard something about the rope. Cursing, he wondered if his rope plan would even work now that some of them noticed it was there.

Seething, he waited until they were well out of earshot, before coming back out from under the bed, making sure the door was closed before taking the pokeball off his belt. With a moment of hesitance he let Sparks back out of the ball, talking to him in a whispery-yell.