S1 ep 15: Lilycove city

At the very least, Lilycove city looked nice. It was clean, built up, and had proper hotels. That didn't stop his homesickness in any capacity. It was nice and all to have travelled a little, but he missed the comfort of his own bed and the familiarity of his hometown.

Well, he supposed, at least Sparks was here. Maybe he didn't have his own consistent bed, but Sparks still laid on top of him, heavy as a snorlax, every night.

Still, the level of his homesickness was concerning him. It was making him anxious, and too restless to sleep properly. What he wouldn't give for a peaceful night somewhere familiar.

Anyway, at least he didn't have to pay for hotels anymore. As Sanford had informed them, the agency they were under, whatever it was called, paid for food and shelter expenses.

In that case, Hank thought he'd try some of the fancier places around. The places he couldn't normally afford. If they were forcing him into a contract he was sure as hell going to use the benefits. Plus, he hoped it might take the edge off wanting to be home. Maybe nothing was familiar, but at least he could treat himself.

Already he'd tried a place famous for their stews. He'd had his eye on it for a while, actually. There was one in his hometown, too, but it was always just out of his price range to eat there.

Well, at least now he knew he wasn't missing much. After all the raving he'd heard about it, it ended up being underwhelming for what it was said to be. Oh well. At least he could eat there at all.

It was a matter of where he was sleeping now. Of course, he was meant to be 'patrolling' for those water guys' hideout. Whatever that meant. But he was more concerned about where he was sleeping that night.

Besides, they acted as if those guys would be walking around, waving a massive flag that says; 'Our base is this way!'

If anything, they'd probably look normal. He doubted they wore those dumb costumes all the time. And if they did, well, at least they were committed.

Sparks growled, and it was then Hank remembered they hadn't eaten yet. Much to his surprise, that stew place didn't allow Pokémon. They said it because it was a 'health violation' or something. He thought that was stupid. The only thing Sparks would be 'violating' would be Hank's food. And at worst, it would be because of a stray hair or because they sneezed.

Well, what was done was done. Maybe there was a general store somewhere, to buy something so Sparks could at least have dinner. The whole town couldn't disallow Pokémon, could it?

————————————————————————

The whole goddamn town disallowed Pokémon. The only places they were acceptable was the gym and the sidewalks, though even that got him strange looks.

Thankfully, it wasn't like they were checking his room every other minute. As long as Sparks was quiet, they could enjoy a peaceful night without someone telling them Sparks wasn't allowed in the establishment for one reason or another. Besides, it would feel weird without Sparks there.

Sighing, he leaned over the window sill, watching the darkening pathway below. Those two had come across him again, telling him to keep a lookout for the night. Sure. Like he really wanted to do that.

He would give them until 11pm. After that, he was going to sleep. With a twinge of annoyance, he could imagine that short one, Deimos he believed his name was, already asleep. He seemed like the type to do that.

Sparks nudged his arm, whining quietly. Hank sighed, patting their head. While there was food around for Pokémon, it was just the crappy stuff that didn't really give them any nutrients.