SIX

I follow Madison and her crew around a corner, and bump into Thomas.

Thomas grins, "Hi, you're Evelyn, right?"

I try peek around him to keep an eye on Madison. "Yeah,"

Thomas looks where I'm looking and lifts his eyebrows up, "Spying on Madison?"

I turn red, "No!"

Thomas laughs and makes a clicking sound with his tongue, "Well, I have class to go to and I see you have some spying to do."

I start walking to Madison, "Okay, bye."

He waves. "See you around."

Madison, Audrey and Rosie go separate ways and I have to make a quick decision who to follow. I end up following Madison, who goes into her science class. I go to the bathroom while I wait for her, and hear someone crying.

I knock on the stall door which I hear crying from. "You okay in there?"

I hear sniffing, "No."

"Do you want a tissue?" I take my bag and pull out a box of tissues, even though she has toilet paper to blow her nose on. By the way, don't ask why I have a box of tissues in my bag.

Then the stall door opens, and Audrey appears. Her face is red and her eyes are puffy from crying.

I give her the box.

She takes it, "Thanks." She starts blowing her nose into it.

"What happened?"

"It's...just...I...miss...Isla..." She then starts sobbing again.

I pat her back awkwardly. "You want some candy? I have M&M's, Reese's Peanut butter cups, KitKat and some Twizzlers."

"Can I have all of them?"

"Sure." I take the candy from my bag and give them to her, who eats them in one mouthful. Literally.

She then sighs. "Sorry, it's just that I really miss Isla. She was my bff."

I nod.

Audrey smiles. "Well, I better get to class. Please tell no one about this?"

I nod again, "Okay,"

Audrey then skips out, like nothing happened. I sigh and grab the tissue box from the sink and walk out of the bathroom. The bell rings, and I see Madison walk out. I silently follow her, but then she stops and probably senses someone watching her. I hide behind a student as she turns around and waves to Rosie and Audrey. They all go to the cafeteria together to their usual spot, and I do the same. I take a huge bite out of my sandwich and spot Kayla. I wave at her and she comes jogging towards me.

"How'd it go?" I ask her. She was keeping an eye on Molly's group for me.

Kayla flops on the seat across from me. "Hungry."

I let her finish her sandwich and ask her again.

"Good, though it was quite boring. What about you?"

"Fine. But I did find Audrey crying in the bathroom."

"What about?"

"She said she misses Isla."

Kayla nods, "Fair."

"What's Alice up to?"

Kayla shrugs. Alice was looking out for another group, but which is smaller than Molly's and Madison's group. The 'popular' groups have a ranking she once told me, "Madison's group is the upper rank, then it's Molly's group and the rest are lower ranks who hardly have any popularity."