O N E

Evelia Bennett, a third generation flower shop owner in Owl City. A notorious place for up and coming celebrities to get their start.

"Eve, a customer complained about the roses. Something about the color not being bright." Vanessa Bennett spoke.

The 17 year old stood at the back office with her arms slightly folded. She had just gotten out of school and decided to help out at the shop today.

"I've told Mrs.Luthor multiple times that her flowers are not to be kept in her cold dark room." Evelia sighed. "I cannot will a rose to bloom."

"I'll just tell her you're going to fix it soon." Vanessa laughed. "Oh and there's some lady out here, she seems like an important person."

"What does she want?" Evelia questioned. She'd been getting multiple offers to buy out her shop but she'd turned them all down. No amount of money could get her to abandon the shop.

"I don't know. I've tried to help but she insists that I leave her be." Vanessa shrugged. "You don't think she's an inspector, do you?"

Evelia stood from her chair and shook her head no. There was no reason for an inspection so soon after the last. She made sure she kept the place up to date even if she had to pull money out of her personal account.

"Come on, I'm sure there's something you can be doing." Evelia guided her sister towards the front of the store.

She greeted multiple customers as she searched for the mystery woman. She was sure it was just another self centered celebrity trying to do their annual charity work. She walked around a few corners before she found the woman.

"Lilac, a beautiful flower. Fun fact it's rare for the white ones to have a sent, which is why the purples are so popular." Evelia spoke softly.

"Are you looking for anything specific?"

"I am actually. The owner." The taller woman finally spoke. Evelia stepped back a little before stretching out her hand.

"Evelia Bennett, owner of Flower Land." Evelia smiled. She felt a little out of place when the woman didn't immediately shake her hand but relaxed when she received a gentle smile.

"Heidi Volton." She pulled out a business card.

"If you're here to try and buy this place I'll stop you now." Evelia rolled her eyes.

"That would be just my luck." Heidi smiled. "But I'm not here for that, I wanted to hire you."

"Oh," Evelia blushed. "We can talk more in the office."

Heidi smiled brighter. They walked towards the office and passed Vanessa who smirked. Evelia rolled her eyes at the younger girl.

"Excuse the mess," Evelia softly spoke. She moved a few papers off the desk.

"Oh no need, I assure you my office is a jungle compared to yours." Heidi laughed.

"Let's start,"

"Well it's going to be an anniversary," Heidi pulled out some papers from her bag. "My parents died a year ago and I am throwing this event in honor of them."

"I'm sorry for loss." Evelia grabbed the papers. "They look lovely."

"Thank you," Heidi spoke. "Flowers were a big part of their relationship. My father bought my mother flowers every chance he got. My mother in return would send flowers to my father's office. It was their love language."

"Sounds like a happy life." Evelia smiled. She pulled out a book that contained pictures and descriptions of flowers. "If you'd like, we can set up an appointment so you can go through and pick out what flowers you'd like to be at the forefront."