F O U R

"The event is a month away," Heidi spoke calmly. Her hand twitched as she held eye contact with her publicity team.

"Yes I know, but Summer has already launched a hate campaign against you. There have been multiple negative articles about you and since you refuse to make a statement-"

"So what I'm hearing is the team I pay millions to can't deal with a crazy ex girlfriend?" Heidi asked rhetorically. She tapped her fingers across the glass table.

"We are trying-"

"If I make a statement will this all go away? No. So what can I do to shut up those vultures?" Heidi asked.

The team was quiet. No one wanted to suggest the obvious because Heidi had a temper. But a newbie on the team decided to take the chance and voice his opinion.

"You could date someone, it doesn't have to be serious just someone the public will perceive as innocent, caring. Someone that will be the angel to your devil." The man spoke.

"What's your name?" Heidi asked curiously.

"Dennis Moore." The man spoke.

"Well Mr.Moore, congratulations you've been promoted. Everyone else is fired." Heidi rolled her eyes.

"You can't fire us. You need a team, people who are trained to handle any situation. This new guy can't do that alone." A woman voiced. Her usually pale face was red now.

"I can't fire you? Me? Heidi Volton can't fire a bunch of no name pricks. Funny." Heidi laughed maniacally.

"Flynn will see you all out." Heidi pointed towards the door where Flynn stood.

The room grew quiet as Heidi watched everyone gather the stuff and leave. Now it was just her and Dennis.

"Okay Dennis Moore, you have one minute to give me your game plan otherwise you'll be joining your friends." Heidi sat back in her chair and waited.

"Evelia Bennett." Dennis pulled out a piece of paper from his bag. "The others talked about her and how she'd be a good candidate. The press is already digging for information about her and from what we found she's as clean as they come except for.."

"For?" Heidi leaned up. "Go on."

"She used to be secretly engaged to Sidney Scott." Dennis spoke up. "The only reason I know this is because Sidney is friends with my older sister."

"Sidney Scott? The poster girl for all things gay?" Heidi giggled unamused. "Why did they call it off?"

"Remember when Sidney joined the cast of Celebrity Island? Well according to my sources she hooked up with a few of her cast members. Evelia got word about it and nearly had a breakdown. A few weeks later Sidney was doing a press interview where she stated she was single and ready to mingle."

"Apparently both women signed a NDA."

"None of this explains why she would be the perfect candidate." Heidi sighed.

"We can use her story of being cheated on. People will sympathize with her, they'll think you are a stand up guy and-"

"What if they think she's the one I cheated on Summer with?" Heidi stopped the man.

"Easy. We pay people to lie." Dennis shrugged. "A few post here and there about how the two of you met after she saw you heart broken over Summer."

Heidi sat in silence. Honestly things like this would never affect her but there have been talks amongst her peers.

"Okay. I'll talk to Evelia and if she agrees with it then we will proceed." Heidi dismissed the man. "And hire yourself a team."

"Yes ma'am." Dennis smiled.

Once he'd left Flynn walked into the room. He sat opposite of Heidi.

"Don't judge me." Heidi pouted. Flynn smiled.

"You and I both know she's not going to allow this to happen." Flynn spoke softly. "If Evelia was engaged to Sidney, things are about to get complicated."

"Yes, I know." Heidi huffed. "What choice do I have? Social media has taken over and I can't have my best talents leave and go to Hughes Management."

"What would you do?"

"If I were Heidi 'lucky' Volton I'd use my name. I'd call in some favors and make sure Summer gets the message." Flynn shrugged. "Besides Evelia is a nice woman I'd hate for Summer to get her claws on her."

"You're basically saying I should do the interview." Heidi deadpanned.

"I'm saying pull your shit together and stop acting like a little bitch." Flynn spoke seriously. "Your father built this company from the ground up and you're about to let it all burn down because of pride."

Heidi stood up and exited the room without warning. She knew Flynn was right and her pride was one of her biggest flaws but there was no way she was about to give in to Summer. She would never admit to the allegations that have come out about her.

"Bonnie," Heidi called her assistant. The woman appeared seemingly out of nowhere. "Call Evelia and set up a meeting as soon as possible."

Bonnie nodded.