F I V E

"Morning." Joshua smiled as he entered the flower shop. "Do you guys think I've gained weight?"

Nala burst into laughter as Vanessa spit out her drink. They'd known Joshua's their whole lives and never once did he have a problem with his weight.

"Is someone bullying you?" Vanessa was quick to question.

"No," Joshua laughed. "My—"

The sound of glass breaking and the slamming of a door caught the attention of everyone in the shop. Luckily no customers had made their way in.

"Evelia?" Vanessa was quick to run to the back. Nala and Joshua followed.

The teenagers watched in horror as Evelia tossed things across the room. She mumbled incoherently.

"Eve?" Josh called out. When she didn't answer he nodded and walked away.

A few seconds later Josh came back. He squeezed through his best friends and cautiously made his way over to Evelia. He gently grabbed the woman and sat her down on the small couch.

"Eve, talk to us." Josh demanded.

"She fired me." Evelia spoke.

"Wait what? How can she fire you? Are we still getting paid?" Nala questioned.

"She paid in full but she fired me right after. She said it was nothing personal." Evelia sighed.

"I knew she was a bitch." Nala groaned.

"If I didn't know any better I'd think you hated me." Heidi spoke from behind Nala.

"Holy fuck!" The three teenagers spoke in unison.

"How the actual fuck did you get in here?" Vanessa questioned.

"Flynn." Heidi shrugged. "Can we talk?"

"You fire me and now you want to talk?" Evelia spoke bitterly.

"Well I have a proposal."

"I don't need you of your money." Evelia spoke stubbornly.

"Yeah but I'm pretty sure you're going to want to hear me out." Heidi walked further into the room. "Flynn can you show the kids out."

Flynn nodded. He walked over to the teenagers but Josh didn't move. He puffed out his chest and squared his shoulders.

"Don't." Heidi warned the boy.

"Come on asshole." Josh smiled.

Flynn smirked. He took a step back and got into a fighting stance. His shoulders were relaxed and his hands clenched.

Josh threw a punch which was easily caught by Flynn. The older man sighed but smiled when he saw Josh's eyes widen.

"Okay." Evelia stopped them. "Josh go, I'm fine."

Josh nodded and left the room without anymore complaints. Flynn turned to Heidi who subtly nodded her head. Evelia noticed and raised an eyebrow.

"If he touches Josh I will personally beat both of your asses." Vanessa spoke up.

Once everyone left the room Evelia sat down. Heidi did the same but she sat on the couch.

"Can we properly talk?" Heidi questioned.

"Why did you fire me?" Evelia questioned.

"Because I don't want things to be awkward between us."

"How?" Evelia frowned.

"I have a proposal for you." Heidi sat up in the chair. "My PR team has advised me to put on a show for the public. I need to date someone, thanks to Summer and her crazy fans my stocks have dropped."

"What does this have to do with me?"

"Well, I want you to be my girlfriend." Heidi shrugged. "In return I will pay you whatever, of course you'll have to sign a NDA."

"Wait, you fired me just so you could ask me out?" Evelia laughed.

"Well we would be faking it." Heidi smiled awkwardly.

Evelia stood from her chair. She paced the room but didn't speak. Heidi sat nervously as she knew Evelia had no reason to say yes to her.

"If I say yes then I only ask one thing." Evelia spoke.

"Anything." Heidi smiled.

"Three separate trust funds, each with $500,000." Evelia spoke. Heidi raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"What?" Heidi stood. "Why trust funds?"

"It's for my sister, Nala and Josh. Those kids deserve to have enough money to go to any college they want." Evelia smiled.

"And what about you?" Heidi asked.

"As I told you I don't need your money." Evelia sat down beside Heidi. "Do you accept my terms?"

Heidi looked to at Evelia for a minute before she smiled.

"Yes."