T H R E E

"Why is it so busy?" Nala complained. She'd just checked out her ninth customer in the last thirty minutes.

"Haven't you heard?" Josh questioned. "Heidi posted about the shop, it got a lot of attention."

"Excuse me," A soft voice interrupted. Nala turned but froze when her eyes found the source of the voice. "Summer."

"Hi," Summer Glasser smiled. "Are you alright?" Her thick accent spoke with concern.

"She's fine just a huge fan." Josh spoke. He gently pulled Nala away and sat her down on the floor. "What can I help you with?"

"I'd like to speak with Evelia Bennett. I believe she is the owner." Summer smiled.

"She's not in today, can I leave a message?" Josh informed.

"Oh, it's actually about an event I'd like to hire her for." Summer answered. "I'll have my assistant come back tomorrow."

"No problem." Josh waved her away. "Nala, get your ass up."

"Summer." She whispered. "Summer spoke to me, she looked at me. I could smell her perfume."

The door to the back office opened and Evelia and Heidi walked out. The two women smiled blissfully unaware. Josh quickly ran towards them.

"You guys are not going to believe who was just in here." He stood blocking their exit.

"Wh-"

"Summer fucking Glasser." Josh spoke.

Evelia looked towards Heidi whose smiled dropped. Heidi looked around the room until she made eye contact with Flynn. She waved him over.

"Flynn." She questioned.

He didn't speak.

"Wait where the fuck did you come from?" Josh questioned Flynn.

"Evelia, I insist we start having our meetings at my office." Heidi turned to the red head woman.

"Sure." Evelia hesitated. "Want to tell me why your ex girlfriend was here?"

"No idea." Heidi lied.

"How about next week, we can finish discussing the arrangements for the second floor." Heidi smiled softly.

"Sure, just text me the details." Evelia responded.

Heidi and Flynn quickly exited the store. Josh watched as Evelia leaned against the counter. He'd seen that look before.

"Don't." Josh spoke up. Evelia turned to the teenage boy with confusion. "Don't fall for her, she'll be just like the last rich prick."

"Josh, I am not falling for Heidi Volton." Evelia defended.

"Just be careful. I see the way you look at her, the way you go out of your way to speak to her. Just remember what happened the last time. They broke your heart and we almost lost you. I.. I almost lost you." Josh confessed. He spoke as he held back tears.

"Oh Joshua." Evelia sighed softly. "I'm sorry I put you all through that. I promise it will never happen again."

The rest of the day consisted of Evelia helping out up front. Nala continued to be in her daze but eventually helped out when she say Vanessa walk in the door.

"I heard you guys had an exciting day." Vanessa smiled. She placed her bag down on the counter and grabbed a broom.

"Yeah, Nala nearly shit her pants." Josh joked. His eyes wondered over to Nala who hadn't acknowledged him. "Nala."

"Look at this." Nala walked over. She held out her phone as Josh read aloud.

"Flower shop owner and big time CEO! Read more about the latest details on Heidi Volton's new lover." Josh read. Nala point to the bottom of the screen.

"A representative of Summer Glasser has confirmed that Evelia Bennett is the reason for her failed relationship with big time CEO."

Vanessa placed the broom down and walked to the back office where she knew her sister would be. The door was slightly ajar so she didn't waste her time knocking.

"Eve," Vanessa spoke.

"Hi! How was your day?" Evelia spoke mindlessly. She continued to sort through paperwork.

"We need to talk." Vanessa sat down. "I think Heidi might be using you to get back at Summer."

"What makes you say that?" Evelia stopped what she was doing. "Heidi and I have only ever talked about the decorations for her event."

"There are news articles about you two. People are going to read that and think the worse of you. It could negatively impact the shop. You know how crazy fan girls can be and Summer has a shit ton of crazy fans."

"I'll talk to her about it." Evelia smiled although it didn't reach her eyes. "Now go, tell Josh and the others they can leave for tonight."

Vanessa nodded and silently left the office. Evelia sat in disbelief as she pondered the idea of breaking her contract with Heidi.