Chapter 8

Third Person POV

A loud yawn was heard in the room brightened by the sun's glimmering rays, streaking through the large glass windows, followed by noises of stretching. Ni-ki groaned out of annoyance due to having to wake up for work. "Can't even get some sleep in peace," he murmured tiredly. He turned his head to the left, taking a glimpse of the digital clock that read "8:30 A.M." He exhaled peacefully, knowing he wasn't late for work this time. Or else he would've been screwed.

Ni-ki drew in a long breath. Brushing his messed up hair back, he slowly got up from the bed, holding the bed for support. He plopped on his kawaii printed slippers and dragged his feet towards the washroom. While turning on the faucet, he clumsily grabbed the toothbrush and squeezed a bunch of toothpaste onto it. Brushing his teeth while being half asleep, he was about to stumble and fall, but he held onto the sink for support. This was like a casual morning routine for him, except this time he wasn't rushing since he had a lot of time remaining to get to the hospital. He had to get there by 10:00 AM sharp.

He left the washroom while wiping his face with the micro-fibre towel. He was a big enthusiast for clear skin and would do anything and everything for it. He had fair skin and peach tinted lips and cheeks, which girls would admire everyday when they saw him. Making his way to the kitchen, he noticed his apron laying on the couch which he forgot to put in the laundry basket. He facepalmed at himself, not even mad, just disappointed at how careless he is. Although he did feel glad that his mom wasn't here to yell at him for every single mistake he did, whether it be intentional or unintentional. After putting it in the laundry basket, he opened the fridge looking for what to make for breakfast. There was nothing left inside the fridge, which reminds him that he had to go grocery shopping. He quickly jotted down a shopping list and decided he'd grab breakfast from the local café.

Ni-ki got ready for the day and grabbed his car keys making his way out. He waited for the elevator to arrive as he noticed another boy around his age, probably the new neighbour. As the elevator opened He stepped onto it and pressed on the "G" button. As the elevator went down, he took out his phone to click a picture, but the boy was getting in it. "Ahem? Could you please move a bit?" Ni-ki requested, the boy rolled his eyes and muttered "fine." Ni-ki noticed the attitude and murmured under his breathe "Jeez, what's with the attitude." He approached his Audi, which his parents gifted him for his great accomplishment of graduating University. It took him a lot of pushing and tutoring and the hard work definitely paid off. He got into his Audi and turned on the engine, driving off to the café.

Ni-ki approached the counter and noticed the barista, a girl, twirling her hair and smiling at him. "Will you stop acting desperate and take my order?" He complained, which made the girl snap into reality. "Sorry dear- I mean, sir. How may I help you today?" She asked, embarrassed by her behaviour. He took his order and sat down at the corner by the window. While taking a bite of his pancake, he scrolled through instagram and uploaded the picture he took in the elevator earlier.

-Timeskip-

First person POV

I had a hard time entering the parking lot of the hospital as there were a bunch of cars and people crowding the whole area. I let out a frustrated sigh and continued driving as the SUV in front of me pulled up. Taking out my phone, I dialled Jay Hyung's number to know what the hell is going on. "Hey Hyung, why is the hospital so crowded? I can't even reach the parking lot!" I exclaimed. "I'm busy, just be patient till you get here and you'll see!" He said in an annoyed tone and cut the call. I lightly hit the steering wheel out of irritation. Finally, I could park my car, but... pushing through the crowd is another problem.

I huffed, with sweat trickling down my forehead as I finally made it into the hospital. I could hear a bunch of crying and screaming. I guess a patient died...? But why is there a such a big crowd? Damn, they must be famous! I snapped out of my thoughts and asked the receptionist. "Hey, whats going on in here? Why so crowded suddenly?" I queried. "The college student passed away." She replied shortly. I understood why there's such a big crowd now, since this case is all over the news. Looking towards the TV, I noticed them announcing her death, stating that her murderer still isn't arrested, and is still roaming out there.

The student's family caught my sight, as I noticed them in an extremely heartbroken state. They were crying in great agony in the loss of their youngest daughter, who was also the politest of them all. Her siblings were crying too, trying to assure their parents everything will be fine. But it will never be fine the murderer is still on loose.

"I loved her so much, she cannot be dead!" Cried the mother.

"I swear when I find the rascal who killed my daughter, I will end his life!" Grunted Y/n's dad.

"Mom, dad, whoever killed Y/nie will be caught, right?" Cried Yeji and Hyunjin.

They were extremely devasted and agitated at Y/n's killer, desperate to find him and give him the worst punishments one could experience. No parent deserves to loose their children in such a harsh and cruel way.

"Just 20 minutes ago, Hwang Y/n, Son of CEO Mr. Hwang had passed away due to multiple stabs and loss of blood. Rumour has it that she has been murdered by someone who is still on the loose. Anyone could be the next victim, so be careful out there!" The news reporter finished off as the camera man stopped recording and checked the footage.

"Mr and Mrs Hwang I am extremely sorry for your loss and that we couldn't save Y/n. We really did try our best to, but she had been stabbed very vigorously." The doctor said, apologetically.

The OT door opened, with a stretcher which had Y/n's destroyed body laying lifeless on it following. Her body was covered by a pale white cloth, with her body structure being visible. Her family members immediately ran towards the stretcher, with tears flooding out of their eyes. I felt sympathy witnessing that sight. Almost everyone was staring at them with sadness dominating their face.

"Y/n, my sweet baby, we will make sure to find the demon of a person who did this to you!" Cried her father, in agony.

"I woukd have never inagined to see her in this state!" Yeji stated sadly.

Those words were followed by chatters and gossips coming from the crowd of people.

"Gosh, who could commit such a horrible act."

"I can't believe she has been killed so brutally."

"Whoever did this really deserves a death sentence, god knows how many other people they killed!"

"Y/n helped me a lot with academics. It's so devastating to see her dead!"

One of the surgeons in charge of Y/n came and announced, "We will be sending her body to the Autopsy Department so they can identify what exactly happened and how she was murdered, I believe this could lead to us finding out the murder."

I don't know why, but I flinched when I heard that. What if... they put me in charge of her body...? Oh hell no. I can't even stand the sight of a brain let alone a dead body with a bunch of stabs. I crossed my fingers desperately hoping I'm not assigned to her.

I made my way to the ward where all the other pathologists were. They were all in a bad mood because of Y/n's death. Overall, everyone in the hospital was. Some of them were even in fear of getting assigned Y/n's body to investigate.

"I hope I'm not incharge of her body, the sight must be horrible!" Exclaimed Sunghoon.

"Sunghoon, shut up and be brave, this is for your job for god's sake!" lectured Jay, like he always does. "Whatever!" Sunghoon mumbled and rolled his eyes.

I approached them and asked "who do you think murdered her?" "Probably someone who was jealous of her, afterall she was a perfect student," Suggested sunghoon.

I sighed and we all discussed other work stuff, boring.

To be continued.

Hello I'm back with a long ass chapter, got a sudden motivation to write 🤡
Next chapter in a week, IF I'm still motivated

Hope you guys like it