3

"𝕮alm down, Div

"𝕮alm down, Div. It's not that bad." Aaditya exhaled, rubbing his forehead.

Moments ago, drum rolls echoed throughout the city as an announcement was made.

"Dwarkadheesh Krishna has arrived!"

Not only did the drum rolls give a headache to the two Kaliyugis, but they also made them significantly annoyed. Divya and Aaditya were stuck together in the medical room as requested by Gandhari so that they could have enough rest.

But the moment that announcement was made, a sense of calmness had washed over the place. As if the plants, the animals and the people, all seemed to be lively. All of a sudden, everyone seemed to be simply happy.

Except Divya.

"Calm down?! You're asking me to calm down!? We're literally in a Yug where wars happen almost every other day, curses and blessings are taken literally and our place in the food chain is directly at the bottom because of our karma or even strength!" Divya bit off her nails, panicking.

"First of all, how many times do I have to ask you to stop biting your nails?"

"I'm not listening to you; you backstabbed me." She huffed to which he mumbled, "Fine, don't listen to your well-wisher."

"If you were so much of a well-wisher, then you wouldn't have betrayed me."

The two rolled their eyes in unison, a habit which they got from Div's father. Sighing, they both plopped down on their allotted beds. They knew that this could be a dream, but it felt too vivid.

Too real.

Life back in Lucknow wasn't that bad, for them, to be happy with travelling through time itself. But they weren't disappointed either. To say that they actually believed that they were in Dwapar Yug was, also, wrong. Div still thought that they were being pranked and Aadi believed that this was some method she was using to mentally torture him.

They needed proof. Proof that all this was real.

The Supreme Lord presenting himself in front of them might soothe that doubt in their mind, right?

"Why the long face?" A voice, melodious like honey, chuckled. A human, or maybe not a mere human, walked into the room and asked the servants to leave them alone.

"Who might you be?" Aadi smiled dryly.

"I call myself Krishna, but I have many names. Manmohan, Govind, Madhusudhan, Madhav. But personally, my favourite name is Yadhodanandan." The man smiled gracefully, his ivory teeth peeking out. And Div could've sworn on herself that when she saw that smile, she was on the verge of tears. The beauty that his smile had was too enchanting, almost surreal. His dark complexion, resembling the clouds which poured rain outside, complemented his dark long locks. The man, who referred to himself as Krishna, wore a crown which was bejewelled with rubies and emeralds and most importantly, a peacock feather.