9

It was a new day. The morning was peaceful and calm, except for Divya.

"Good thing, we brought our laptop. Otherwise, we would be doomed." Divya spoke in English, typing furiously on her laptop, tending to the matters of Lucknow. Aadi rolled his eyes at her, sitting next to her. Duryodhan and Dussashan stared at the computer in awe. Karn, on the other hand, was amused by the dynamic of the two Kaliyugis.

"What is that?" Dussashan asked as he pointed at the device. His eldest brother shrugged in reply.

"You made a typing mistake," Aadi pointed out, a smug smile creeping up on his face as she fixed the mistake.

The five, lounging in Aadi and Div's shared room, were gossiping before an emergency popped up. Duryodhan seemed reluctant about tending to these matters continuously but got conviction after Aadi explained that he'd have to do the same if he wanted to be a king.

Monarchy had a burden—no personal life.

That's what Aaditya complained about to Div, but she'd just say that they weren't monarchs.

"What's the matter?" Karn asked, keenly. She sighed, unsure if she could share it or not. She looked at the other Kaliyugi for approval and he just shrugged.

"Um, er, do you know what drugs are?" She questioned, reluctantly. The three men of Dwapar Yug shared looks.

"Medication?"

"Well, sure, in a way. Just here, it refers to illegal medication, which causes pleasure for a while but is harmful. Kind of alcohol, in a way." Aadi explained as if talking to a kid, smiling to himself. Dusshasan was shocked upon seeing that a man could smile so much, but he refrained from commenting on it.

"So, what about it?" Duryo, a nickname Div called him which he didn't like, asked.

"There is a sale for it which wasn't warranted by us and the profits do not reach us either, which means we have to kick them out," Divya concluded as a smirk crawled onto her face. Aadi sighed as he realised that those people who had engaged in the sale had been let into Lucknow by Div. He didn't point her mistake out, not in front of everyone at least. But he was surely going to trouble her about it later.

"What do you think about this swayamvar?" Duryodhan asked, abruptly.

They shrugged, still not adapted to the new custom.

"The intent seems nice, but wouldn't it be a waste of a month, to all those who lose?" Aadi said.

"I suppose, but that's every swayamvar. One or the other person is bound to feel insulted if we consider their egos. There's nothing one can do to avoid that." Divya replied.

The rest of the afternoon went by in a blur for the two Kaliyugis, except for when they were called out for lunch and had to mingle with the various Kings and answer their questions, time felt like it kept stretching.