Curiosity killed the Cat

Scenario: Happens right after the tea drinking fiasco, when Massisa and Bhabho have an unpleasant phone call.

After Meena and Rani's impromptu visit to Ladnu, had made Kanak reevaluate how she approached her relationship with Uma. Meena had told her how a harmless little flirting wouldn't land her in a soup, but would work wonders in her relationship with Uma as she tries to understand him as a person.

"Kanak, don't forget that a sasural is based first most on your relationship with your husband. Thankfully, Jawainsa is heads over heels in love with you. There's a reason why society places the husband-wife relationship above every other relationship. You know the reason why... It's fine that given the circumstances, you are refraining from going at a physical level. That's ok. However, don't just act like roommates. Dekh Kanak, teri Massisa ne Umasa ko Dhritraashtra aur Bheeshm Pitamah ka combination bana diya hai. Tujhe samajh mein aaya kyun? Taaki teri Massisa ek chatra raaj kare. How many situations have there been when he has supported Massisa blindly? Look, a wife is the neck that makes the husband's head turn. I've done it, and so has Rani. It's high time you start using your weapons to your advantage to bring a positive change. And I'm saying all this as I consider you my daughter and will never fail Jethaniji" Meena spoke while trying to knock some sense into Kanak.

"Haan Kanak Jiji, aap ek baar flirting karke toh dekho! It solves the toughest situations later on, and Umasa is so dashing. It should not be that hard to flirt!" Rani added.

"Theek hai, theek hai" Kanak begrudgingly spoke. Last thing she wanted was a demo on flirting from her Aunt and Bhabhi!

With all these thoughts going on in her head, she finally had an idea. Albeit a naughty one, but it was alright since it was her husband after all!

At night, Kanak was on the bed, smiling while thinking how she would execute her flirting. She had grabbed one of the books that were on Uma's desk, and attempted to decipher them as they were in pure Hindi.

"What are you attempting to read?" Uma asked with his eyebrows arched knowing fully well that Kanak was not going to understand even one line of Sanskrit from the book she was reading.

"Huh" was all Kanak could say while trying to read.

"You know the book's written in Sanskrit and not Hindi?" Uma said, as he sat down to lay on the bed.

"Uma, you read all the Vedas?" Kanak asked.

"Yup" Uma replied.

"And purana as well?" Kanak asked again.

"Yup" Uma responded back.

Seeing her husband was unsuspecting she'd inch closer slowly with the next set of questions.

"So, you've read all 4 Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas and shastras" Kanak asked with a look of amazement.

"Yes, Kanak." Uma replied back feeling a tad bit euphoric.

Now, Kanak was extremely close to Uma as she whispered in his ears, "How did you manage to read kaamshastra with Masisa around?"

Uma's eyes popped at Kanak's question, and when he looked at her, he saw her cheeky smile and myrrh in her eyes.

Uma, teri patni bahut hi chatur hai. She's such a sly vixen! Uma thought to himself.

"I mean you're the one who said you have read all the shastras. And you were the one teasing me when I said Kareshu dasi wrong!" Kanak clarified herself while grinning.

Now, it was Uma's turn to partake in this fun. He bent forward, and in a husky voice said, "It seems you awfully want to know more about Kaamshastra. If you want, I can definitely demonstrate whichever para you're having trouble with. Consider it my tutoring a friend." Saying so, he winked at her.

Kanak flummoxed! She had never thought in her wildest dreams that Uma would get the upper hand. While it was Uma's turn to smirk, and Kanak's to figure out how to get out of this situation; Shiv banged on the door, "Dadusa, there's a patient at the door in need of urgent medical help. They just called our landline from their cell phone, and they are at the clinic door steps."

"Sorry Kanak, I have to go. It seems urgent." Uma excused himself as he got up to go.

"However, do let me know where you get stuck. I look forward to helping you study!" Uma grinned as he took leave from Kanak.

Isse kehte hain aa beil mujhe maar- muttered Kanak to herself, as she looked at the Sanskrit book in hand with a slight smile having definitely enjoyed her banter with her dharmapati!