The Vaidya's Wife

Scenario: Kanak and Uma are slowly becoming more and more comfortable with each other. They have crossed the first base, and are to get to second base.

Meena Chachi's advice had been doing wonders for both Uma and Kanak. While finding time to spend together, they had begun to understand one another. Be it taking trips to Ladnu Bazaar in Uma's bicycle or car drives to green grasslands for herb collection, Kanak found a way to spend some time with Uma without hampering their schedules. 

It was during one such outing out to the jungle area, that they had first kissed. It was an accidental kiss, rather a peck if one was to categorize it correctly. Soft, chaste and unexpected but nevertheless Kanak's profoundly flushed cheeks showed it was not unwelcome. From then on, the trend had become such that at night Kanak would in her sleep rollover, snuggle in Uma's arms and when she thought he was asleep, give a light peck on his cheeks. Uma on the other hand, was aware of his wife's innocent antics, and would reciprocate the kiss by returning one in the morning when she was asleep, just before Brahm muhurat. This exchange of light pecks had become their own ritual.

Uma still had the stain of forcing Kanak into marriage. After that, he refrained from making any advances unless Kanak would be ready. He already was on the verge of  losing  Kanak twice, and did not want to jeopardize anything. Kanak herself was too shy to admit anything or to advance, as she wanted Uma to understand her as an individual first.

It was during one of those hot Indian summer nights, when Kanak had decided to wear a short white backless nightgown, a gift Rani had brought for her when visiting Ladnu.  The excessive heat bothered Uma as well. He had decided to sleep shirtless.

With the lights out, Kanak did her usual routine of rolling over, and giving a goodnight peck. Uma, was slightly amused wondering how long this silsila of chaste pecks would continue. He too turned over to hold Kanak in his arms. However, his hands made contact with Kanak's bare back while Kanak's arm had snaked around Uma's waist. For both, the skin to skin contact caused sent unexpected sensations through their bodies.

Uma composed himself, and traced his finger on Kanak's back, "If you ever want, I can show you the difference between a peck and a kiss".

Kanak gasped as Uma's index finger had almost reached her waist and could continue to go lower. Hearing her gasp, Uma smiled, figuring her shyness and nuzzled closely in her ears in a raspy voice, "Should I explain now?"

In response, Kanak clinched at Uma's waist as she looked up to meet Uma's eyes. Uma took her response for a yes and pinned Kanak under him as he bit and licked her ear, pecking her cheeks, and finally sealing her lips with his, in a gentle kiss. As the kiss deepened, Kanak's nails dug into Uma's back, wanting him more and more.

Both Uma's and Kanak's hands explored each other's bodies freely. As Uma moved down to kiss Kanak's collarbones, his right hand gently pressed on Kanak's soft breasts while his left hand held her waist. In return, Kanak arched her back moving closer to Uma. Kanak's body betrayed her by digging deeper into Uma's shoulder blades. They reluctantly had to break the kiss to catch their breaths.

"So, was I able to explain the difference my dear ardhangini ji?" Uma slightly teased Kanak.

"Uma, we need to sleep to wake up on time for Brahm Muhurat." Kanak tried to skirt away from the topic.

"You still haven't answered my question Kanak." Uma was in no mood to let her off the hook, knowing fully well there was nothing to save her from his inquisition.

"Uma, you said that you had followed Brahmchaarya until marriage such that you never even looked at any girl till I showed up on Shivratri. Then, how in the world, do you know how to kiss?" Kanak countered him.

"Well, I've read all the shastras. Including Kamashastra, which in lay terms is Kamasutra. Lots of knowledge there." Spoke Uma with a twinkle in his eyes.

"I'm super sleepy Uma. I don't want to miss breakfast again due to sleeping. Shubh ratri Swami!". Saying so, Kanak turned her back to face away from Uma, and pretended to sleep. How could she admit what she felt in her first kiss? That too to Daaku Singh? At least, he is a good kisser! - thought Kanak to herself.

Uma decided not to bug her too much sensing she was probably shy from their first kiss. He too slept without much fuss. He didn't need verbal validation from Kanak. He had sensed it, while kissing her.

Next morning, when Uma was getting ready, Kanak's eyes popped up in surprise seeing the deep scratches on his back. Oh God, those are scratches from me. I wonder if they hurt? If anyone else sees him, what will they think? - Kanak was busy in her thoughts when Uma broke her out of her reverie.

"Kanak, what's wrong, should we proceed downstairs?" Uma asked.

"Oh nothing! I was just thinking what dessert to make for Shiv this evening." Kanak covered her thoughts with a plausible excuse.

While eating breakfast, Kanak made an odd request to Palomi, "Palomi, if you don't mind, can you teach me the basic Ayurvedic medicine recipes like for colds, cuts and scraps."

"Waah Beendnisai! I'm impressed." Massisa remarked.

"Well, Massisa, I figured being a Vaidya's wife, I should know the common ailments' cures.
It would be beneficial in the long run." Kanak offered her explanation.

Before Palomi could answer, Uma spoke up, "I have some free time this afternoon while working on my research. Come then, and I'll teach you. It's good to expand one's knowledge."

Kanak just nodded her head in agreement, "Theek hai" while Palomi was silently agonizing on Uma wanting to spend time with Kanak. Massisa passed a knowing smile to Uma before focusing back on her breakfast plate.

During the afternoon, when everyone was in their rooms resting, Kanak left for the Ayurvedic clinic, after prepping for dinner.

Uma was completely immersed in his research. Kanak came by and was quietly watching him. As she took a step forward, her payals distracted Uma, making him look at the door. Seeing his hesitant wife at the door steps, he welcomed her in with a smile. Ah, so she's finally here. I wonder what's the motive behind her learning today. - Uma wondered.

"So, what kind of cure you wanted to learn how to make?" Uma asked Kanak gently.

"I need to learn how to make the leip for cuts and scratches." Kanak said with conviction.

"Are you hurt?" Uma was immediately concerned and came closer to inspect Kanak's hands.

"No, I'm not hurt. However, knowing how I am, I figured I better learn this first." There was no way that Kanak was going to tell that she was making it for him for the scratches she caused last night while they were making out!

Uma instructed her which ingredients and their quantities to add to the mortar and pestle before she'd start grinding. He slowly came behind her and placed his hand on top of hers to help make the paste faster.

Kanak felt a tad bit nervous with Uma's proximity as he huskily spoke near her ears, "What gurudakshina do I get in return for teaching you?"

Kanak playing the game, coyly said, "Swami, take off your kurta."

Uma was caught unexpected, but complied happy, "Sure. Though, I didn't expect you'd say this so soon."

Kanak thought herself - Well Patidev, definitely not what's crossing your mind!

Swiftly Kanak turned around and went behind Uma. Before Uma could speak, she started applying the paste on his scratches, and explained, "I saw these scratches in the morning. And application of this leip is your gurudakshina."

"Well,  I definitely didn't mind these wounds. I could carry a few more of these you know." Uma spoke cheekily making Kanak's cheeks crimson as she took her leave before glancing at him once more.

Palomi, stood in the shadows in the corridors silently observing the shy smile adorning Kanak's lips as she left; and then seeing Uma step out grinning bare chested from his clinic looking at his wife.