Chapter 7

Allie could hear the clinks of cups and light conversation drifting around her as she came back to consciousness.

Fatigue plagued her body and mind, making it harder for her to fight the confusion she was feeling. She was not accustomed to waking up with so much noise since her first thought was for whoever she had shared a bed with needed to shut the fuck up.

Groggily, and with intent to silence the one disturbing her sleep, she moved her head enough to distinguish the position her body was placed in.

Which gave her pause, her confusion at its peak before her memories slammed back into her with such force she almost jolted her head.

She hid her surprise by keeping her breathing steady and moving her fingers slowly. Then her wrists, then ankles, then arms, then her back.

She was tied up.

And as slightly uncomfortable as it was, she found it oddly intriguing.

Uncomfortable because her hands were tied behind her back while her chest, head and knees were on a hard surface. Her ass was high up in the air, causing the skirt of her dress to bunch up around her hips helping expose her lady bits.

Intriguing because she was, again, a mess down below and was loving how exposed she felt.

Though she was feeling a little uneasy about who she was exposed to.

She flexed her hips in a sad attempt at closing her legs, but the position and something else kept everything in place.

Allie opened her eyes, determined to figure out what the hell was going on, only to be met with darkness.

She blinked a few times, seeing if that would help gain her sight back.

It did not.

Her panic skyrocketed, causing her breaths to come out shallow and quick while trying to move her body to get out of the position she was subdued in.

Why can't I see? Why can't I see!?

"Oh. I see our little Alice is awake," a deep, cultured voice spoke a little ways in front of Allie, a voice she heard not too long ago from the man known as Madness.

"It's Allie!" She snapped yet again. Heat flooded her cheeks at being aware of the position she was in that suggested that she was in no place to make demands nor speak with such attitude.

But with the way she woke up, she could care less.

"Allie? Why not Alice? Why not Al? Or Ice? Or even Lice?" Madness seemed to be on a roll of names Allie hated, making her grit her teeth in annoyance. "What makes a name a name? It is all indeed a preference in how we wish to be called but in the end, the root of it all stems from the original. Your true name is Alice and Alice is who you will be to us. No matter how often or how much you insist we call you Allie."

Allie's hands curled into fists, her fingernails digging into her palms painfully as her upper lip curled up in disgust.

"That Gryphon had no problem calling me Allie," she grumbled.

"That Gryphon had no problem calling you whatever you wanted as long as he could have brought you to the Whore. Don't take his compliance as kindness when it's a means to his gain through your disposal."

Allie opened her mouth to retort when she heard a tsk of disappointment to the right of her, making her tilt her head towards the sound.

"Why are we even letting her talk? I told you to gag her while you were tying her up," the unmistakable voice of Chester spoke.