Prologue: Dying Flame

Before we begin, let me leave a reminder.

Just know I won't pull any punches with My Bloody Francia.

What you see in the show is what you get in the story.

By the time you're finished with the Prologue, you'll look at Safeguard as a more joyful story to an extent, as it is. But here? Expect nearly nothing like that over here. Except for the eventual relationship you'll have with Maria. Other than that, I hope I won't get banned from Wattpad for posting this chapter alone, but hey that's what the Mature tag is for. I say again, any of you who aren't too familiar with Castlevania and won't able to handle the coming mature content that the series brings, and I say this with the utmost politeness, DON'T REPORT THIS STORY OR THIS ACCOUNT. JUST LEAVE.

Thank you and enjoy.

-

1773. France. As The American Revolution rages overseas with the British killing the rebels, and the rebels killing the British, France is undergoing issues of their own, which is the price of food being raised to unobtainable levels. But if starvation doesn't kill people, the Vampires and the Night Creatures will. They are very same beasts that followed either Dracula, or act on their own accord. Currently, Versailles Keep, the homeplace to the Sorcerer Regiment in the mountains of France, is under attack by the night creatures. In the courtyard, it's filled with the dead bodies of both Sorcerer and Night Creature alike as all hell breaks loose in the contained area, their entrails and blood spilled nearly everywhere on both sides with most or if not all of their body parts missing, scattered around the floor of the courtyard. A feminine Sorcerer fights back a night creature, by dodging its talons, and then following up by slicing it's arm off, and then it's head. She drops to her knees, exhausted. A fellow Sorcerer calls out to her.

Sorcerer: Monica! Move!

Monica: What do you think I'm doing?

The Sorcerer then runs up to her.

Monica: LOOK OUT!

Said fellow Sorcerer is cut down by a night creature. Monica proceeds to get back up, defending herself as best she can while holding a child in her body. Monica slays about 5 more night creatures in the pursuit of self defense before she nearly makes it to the other side of the Keep, but... the universe is cruel. Before Monica could even make it, a talon slides across her throat and right across her heels. Her eyes widen as blood seeps out from her neck. She drops to her knees, looking up a huge night creature with a belly that full of either water, or the dead.

Monica: Simple minded bastard... of course you would go for the pregnant woman.

Monica draws her knife, and tries her hardest to defend herself, but it all amounts to nothing as the night creature dodges every stab, and every swipe. Too weakened to hold the knife or use her powers, the creature knocks it out of her hand as it goes sliding across the ground. Monica stares up at the creature in pure defiance.

Monica: Damn you...

The creature snarls, and opens it's wide mouth to engulf Monica whole. Monica slides down the gullet of the night creature and lands in it's stomach, where several other bodies of the dead are resting, their skin charred off their bones, their blood mixing in with the stomach acid, and so on. All Monica can see is darkness, and hear the sounds of battle outside. Suddenly, a hand reaches out to Monica.

Sorcerer: Help... me...

The Sorcerer dies as Monica keeps her head upright above the acid. She knows she is going to die, but the least she can do is give you the gift of life before she departs this world to the next. With tears streaming down her eyes, she looks down at the massive bump in her stomach.