3. Freedom Is The Sweetest Thing

As par for the course, this chapter will be very depressing and liberating at the same time. Hey, if you know you know, regarding anyone has seen episode 3 of Nocturne.

-

Deep in the French woods at the same night Edouard was abducted, Drolta grabs a very steaming hot branding iron as Xer, Qieti, and Pazimir stand beside her. Drolta gives the iron a small blow before she looks upon the other kneeling vampires. Drolta holds the iron in front of the forehead of Vaublanc.

Drolta: To the one before whom evil trembles.

Vaublanc has his head held down in pure obedience.

Vaublanc: I give my utmost devotion.

Drolta: To The Devourer of Light. The Messiah.

Vaublanc raises his head, his eyes closed.

Vaublanc: I pledge my service. Forever.

Drolta grins upon Vaublanc before pressing the iron against his forehead, sizzling can be heard as Vaublanc gladly takes his new role as another puppet for Erzsebet. Even after the brand is removed, he stays on his knees, eyes closed. Xer, Pazimir, and Qieti walk back from the ceremony, and look at each other.

Qieti: I know how these damned humans act. And there is no doubt in my mind that those persistent livestock with swords and magic will come back for their friend. Mark my words. Once they arrive to save him, we will kill one of them.

Xer: I'm hoping we kill the boy with the lightning, Y/N L/N. I heard through it the wind that he was the one who killed Morrigan. When I find him, I will slice him up like the cuts of meat he is, and feed his remains to our night creatures.

Pazimir: Not if I do it first. But he is the same boy, Xer. According to my friends I had in the Regiment before I... left it.

Qieti cups Pazimir's chin with her thumb and her index finger. She smiles upon him.

Qieti: Do not forget that it was I who gave you a second chance at survival, my dear.

Qieti and Pazimir share a kiss.

Qieti: But yes, the steps they take in our dungeon to save their ally will be their last. And as a result, we will avenge Morrigan.

Xer: Damn right we will.

Pazimir is lost in thought for a moment.

Pazimir: What about the other two newcomers next to the Sorcerers? The blue hooded livestock with that ancient sword and the other who was following him around like a dog?

Qieti: That would be none other than Arno Victor Dorian and Elise De La Serre. My agents who posed as Templars and Assassins told me all about them, just before I gave the order to lay waste to both sides, and every last fucking human like them who thought they would ever have the audacity to defy us. Thankfully, those groups alongside the Sorcerer Regiment are no more. May they all rot in hell.

Xer and Pazimir repeat what Qieti said, almost like a mantra.

Xer / Pazimir: May they all rot in hell.

And so, the vampires proceed to move out, but Drolta approaches Qieti.

Drolta: This boy with electricity. Tell me all about him.

Qieti: Oh Drolta, I have plenty to share. I even spotted him being knocked out of his murderous rampage all because a blonde haired human of the opposite gender was holding his hand, and ran off with him.

Drolta: Good. It will be easier to break him in the process.

Qieti: It shall.

Hours later, daytime.