1. Conviction

After surviving the attack on Versailles Keep, you eventually spend the rest of your childhood and teenage years growing up with Richter, Maria, and Madeline with Tera looking after you all. Ever since then she's been a proud 2nd mother figure for you after Noelle. At this point with the way France is, you'd do anything to keep Tera and the rest if your family safe, even if you hurt yourself.

The Vendee, Western France. 1792.

After being exposed to the harsh world of vampires and night creatures has shaped you into a skilled vampire slayer who has nearly seen all of their cruelty first hand, all while Mae becomes the same deadly vampire hunter like you. You would have become completely heartless, but Maria, Richter, Tera, and Madeline are the only reasons you haven't truly lost yourself to hatred against all vampires, your hatred is still there, but it bubbles under the surface everytime you face a vampire, however. Currently in the woods at night, you're ducking out with Maria, Richter, Mae, and a few other rebels. Maria stands in front of the makeshift campfire fire, talking about the vampire's goal.

Maria: They claim it's the natural order.

Meanwhile, at luxurious palace filled vampires, a violin is being played.

Maria: They're born rich, and we're born poor; that it's just the will of God.

A woman is carried by several men on a fancy looking stretcher that is adorned with jewels, an elegant design, and all. Many if not all of the vampires at the party are wearing masquerade masks as they mingle with each other, some of them holding glasses of blood.

Maria: It's the natural order for them to get rich while milking us all dry with impossible rents and unpayable taxes. My mother hasn't paid her taxes for years now because she's just too poor.

You're across from Maria, sitting on a log.

Y/N: Well, we've made do with what we've had, right?

Maria: Yes Y/N, we have. But sooner or later the vampires will send around their bully boys. And you all know what I mean by that.

Silence, most of the rebels grow quiet.

Maria: They thought it would stay like that until the end of time. However, the king has thought it was his divine right to be king, but do you know what happened to him? He's been arrested. The Government in Paris has overthrown the monarchy and declared a republic.

A short distance away from the campfire, Richter is laying against a tree with his arms crossed, and his legs going out straight forward.

Madeline: Well it's a shit republic so far. People all across France are going through hunger. And let's not forget the public spectacles when it comes to beheading people that were forcefully dragged out from their homes. People who died either innocent or guilty.

Maria: I know. To hell with the natural order.

Maria raises her fist in the air.

Maria: No more kings, no more aristocrats! Vive la révolution!

The other rebels around Maria also raise their fists, as does Madeline.

Rebels: Vive la révolution!

One of them cheers as you look to Maria.

Y/N: Do you really think we'll see peace again, Maria?

Maria: I know we will, Y/N.