Chapter Five

"Better hurry up miss, Beckham will nearly be here" Paul spoke as he stood on the other side of the counter. I woke up a little bit earlier this morning and to my surprise Paul had made me a nice breakfast.

"Fine I'm done" I tell him, he nodded and took the plate from me just as my phone dinged. I glance down at my Apple watch that I'm sure Beckham would force on my wrist if I wasn't wearing it. Outside - Beckham

I bit goodbye to Paul as I grab my backpack and head outside where Beckham's car was waiting. I open the passenger door and nearly squeal in excitement. Beckham had gone to starbucks for me!

"Thank you" I exclaim as I climb into the car and put the cardboard cup holder down on my lap. "You're welcome, the one with cream is yours" I thank him again as I poke the straw in the drink before taking a sip, I moan at the taste and catch Beckham giving me a look before he turned his attention back on the road.

"Do I need to remind you about replying to me?" Beckham asked as he parked the car in the same spot as yesterday, I roll my eyes and shake my head at him. "I'll reply" he didn't say anything else as he followed me to the school building, when we neared the front door, Jane ran over and we instantly started chatting about a new kid. Apparently Beckham was old news.

I'm sure he's more than happy about being old news, the amount of times he got hit on yesterday was astounding. "I caught a glimpse of him in the office, he looked smoking hot" Jane said as we headed towards our lockers, I glance back to see Beckham was following behind, giving us a little space.

"You think 80 perfect of the boys here are smoking hot" I say with a laugh. "That's because they are" she exclaimed making me laugh more. We soon reach my locker so I grab out what I needed before we moved up to Jane's which was only a few up.

"Look there he is" she hissed as she slapped my arm to get my attention, I look in the direction she was looking in to see the new kid and oh my god he was definitely smoking hot.

The more I looked at him, it looked like he was coming towards us

The more I looked at him, it looked like he was coming towards us. Jane and I quickly adverted our eyes and pretended we were busying getting Jane's books from her locker. 

My watch vibrated on my wrist so I quickly look down at it to see Beckham had messaged me.

Come to me now - Beckham

I look towards Beckham to see he was giving me a look saying don't argue. "I gotta go, I'll see you at lunch" I tell Jane before rushing away from Jane and the new guy who had just reached us. He went to go speak but I gave him a small smile before I was gone.

Beckham wrapped an arm around me and lead me away as quickly as he possibly could without being suspicious. "What's wrong?" I question once he finally slowed down at our classroom and dropped his arm from me, I was suddenly cold without his touch. "Sorry but he's a new person, I've got no Intel on him" I let out a groan, I actually thought something was wrong.

-

Classes went by quickly and it was now lunch time. We decided to sit in the cafeteria today and seeing as I didn't bring any lunch i lined up and grabbed a burger, fries and a water before sitting down with my friends. The football jocks had already joined so I sat down next to Lucas because he had patted the seat next to him.

He's at your table, he makes a move I'm there - Beckham

My watch read, he was correct, the new kid who I heard is named Jae was indeed sitting at our table but he was up the other end chatting to Jane. "Hey Delilah is it?" I look up at the mention of my name to see Jae was talking to me "Yeah?" I question "I'm having a party at my place this Friday, you should come" I give him a smile and nod my head "I'll see if I can make it" "I hope to see you there" he said with a grin.

No - Beckham

The message read on my watch, I look to my left where Beckham was sitting by himself in the corner of the cafeteria with his own food. How the hell could he hear the conversation from all the way over here. I give him a glare before turning back around.

"You know what, I'll be there" everyone at the table cheered because this is the first party I've agreed to attend. "And you'll be at our football game right?" Lucas asked as he stole a fry from my plate "that's still a maybe" he groaned and tried begging me but I kept giving him the same answer.