chapter 234

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Jeremy got to his side, the driver's side, and immediately started driving before Elsa could have thoughts of jumping  out of the car.

Elsa was just glaring at the road and not saying anything. She looked like a lifeless doll that was put in that position.

Jeremy eyed for from time to time and found that she didn't even once move from the position he put her in when he put her in the car.

"What is wrong with you?" He finally asked.

But he didn't get an answer from Elsa.

"Hey, don't you hear me talking to you?"

"......"

"Answer me damn you!"

"....."

"Hey! Gwen! Gwen!.... Elsa!... Fucking answer, you little shit!"

"....."

He slammed the breaking suddenly, stopping the car in the middle of the road.

He then turned to Elsa giving her his full attention.

"What the hell is your problem?"

"...."

"Hey, I am fucking talking you and I know you can hear! So talk before I get angry!"

Elsa slowly turned to Jeremy. Her eyes now filled with anger and pain.

"I came to you, Jeremy." She spoke in a low calm, monotone. "I came to you  and begged for your help. I begged you to help me save my grandma.... I am mad at you. Yes. I am angry. I am mad because I asked for your help, but you refused.

"What is one million to the noble Mr Callahan? Pocket change? But that money that was nothing to the Young Master of the Callahan family, he refused to help his lawfully wedded wife.

"His sinner wife, his damned wife.

"I lost two people, two family members this week. And I can't help but blame you. Because you are to be blamed.  I lost my grandma because I didn't have the money for the heart transplant, and my rich husband who has enough money to buy the entire world, refused to help me. He even told me to sell my body to him in exchange for his help. And even after I did, even after I lowered myself to that level, even after I gave myself to him, he humiliated me and threw notes of money at me that he knew were not enough to help my grandma. The Noble Jeremy Callahan didn't want to help his damned wife, he wanted to shame her. He wanted to degrade her as a woman.

"Then when I came to my husband again, desperately begging for his help, he shoved me so hard, I hit my stomach on the table....  And I lost our child. (Sighs shakily.) So he killed my child, and refused to save my grandma.

“And now, I don't ever want to see the Noble Jeremy Callahan again.”

After she said that, she looked back at the road blankly again and shut her mouth.

Jeremy watched the woman next to him for a few more seconds before gripping the steering wheel in anger, “So you are blaming me for your grandma's death? Did I kill her? Did you see me there killing her? Where is it written that I have to help you? Where is it written that you are entitled  to receiving help from me?

"And what child are you talking about? You were never pregnant to begin with. So stop lying."

Elsa turned to him angry. Her eyes turned red with anger, but still, no tear came out.

"You think you pretending the child never existed will take away from the fact that you murdered him? You were suppose to be his father but you murdered him. Just because I wanted to keep it."

Jeremy looked at her like she was a joke. "Wanted to keep it? Now I see what's going on... You had an abortion didn't you?"

Elsa backed away from him in disbelief of his accusation.

"You aborted that bastard child and now you are shifting the blame on me.... You little scammer..." He laughed.  "All I know is you were never pregnant. And even if you were, that child was never mine."

Elsa didn't say anything back to him. She only turned to look at him again when he suddenly said in a harsh tone, "Get out of my car!"

Both of their red eyes filled with equal anger and hate met.

He didn't have to tell her twice. She opened the car door and got off his car.

And Jeremy, after she closed the door, she sped off quickly leaving her stranded in the middle of the road, at 7 in the evening.

The snow was little heavy that evening so it was pretty dark.

Elsa was next to a big field covered with green grass.

She could see a bench next to the road, so she crossed the road and went and sat there.

Snow dropped heavy and in no time, she was feeling cold, her hair was covered with white snow as she kept waiting for a cab to drive by.

But the place Jeremy left her, it was hard to find a cab, especially this late.

The anger she had inside made her want to scream. It made her want to cry, but she refused to so either.

She remained calm.

She sneezed thrice in that snow weather when suddenly, a car stopped  next to her.

She wasn't interested in seeing who it was, or why the stopped because she knew she didn't know them.

So she looked away from it.

Only for a man to get out of the car with an umbrella in his hand, walk over to Elsa's bench, and hold the umbrella for her blocking the snow from hitting Elsa.

Elsa looked up confused.

"What are you doing seated here all by yourself, Miss Elsa?"

The voice she heard and the person she saw, was James McConnell.

***

Toxicity at its finest... 👀