chapter 257

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Bruno looked around frantically. He had to find her immediately before that cold water started affecting him.

“Gwen! Gwen!”

After he making one-hundred-and-eighty degree spin while calling for her, that was when he spotted Elsa.

She was just a little distance from him trying to swim out of the water. But something was wrong, because she looked like she was struggling to swim. So much so, she looked like was sinking.

Bruno quickly swam to where Elsa was just before she could disappear into the water. “Gwen! Gwen, I’m here! I’m here don't be scared.

“I got you! I got you!”

He grabbed her and held her tightly to keep her from sinking.

Bruno knew the shore was only a few meters away, but the cold water could cause his leg to die before they even got there. But for the sake of saving both their lives, he had to try.

Elsa’s left leg was numb and dead from the ice water so swimming was difficult, that’s why she was sinking before. He had Elsa’s hands wrapped around his neck as he put her on his back.

“Hold on to me, okay? Hold on tight!”

Elsa was shivering but managed to nod.

Bruno used all his strength and began swimming very fast. He desperately tried to get to the shores before his muscles too cramped, or died on him.

It was nothing short of miracle that just when his right leg was dying, he was close. So close, that when he stood on the sea ground, the sea water was covering up to his waist.

And that was also when Elsa’s hold on his neck started loosening and her hands were slipping. She had fainted.

“Gwen! Gwen! Gwen!” but she didn’t wake up.

At that time, Elsa was having a beautiful day dream. She and Gwen’s ashes had both been spread into April Sea. And their spirits were swimming together in the waters while holding each other’s hand.

April sea was their happy place. And now, it was their resting place.

Bruno had to carry Elsa with one leg completely dead, and the other on the verge of dying. This made things more difficult for him despite being so close to the shores.

But the heavens hadn’t abandoned them.

Because a fisherman who lived near the sea but at a distance from where they were, was walking along the beach. He was headed to the market with a basket full of harvested fish when he spotted them in the sea.

He saw how much Bruno was struggling to get out of the water with a fainted Elsa, and understood what was going on.

The man's limbs were going numb because of the cold water. And the woman in his arms had lost consciousness.

He put his basket down and rushed over to them.

“Let me help you!”

He didn’t wait for his answer and took Elsa out of Bruno arms, carrying her in his.

Bruno held his shoulders for assistance as the fisherman brought both of them out of the water.

The fisherman sat them next to his basket. He put Elsa in Bruno’s arms as he took out his  phone to call an ambulance because Elsa had fainted. She needed medical attention.

He didn’t bother asking the strangers’ names. Now was not the time for introductions.

And the ambulance came just in time, because Bruno and Elsa were both burning up with a fever.

Except, Bruno was trying to stay awake for Elsa, whom he was holding in his arms as they waited for the ambulance. Bruno too felt like passing out, but he worked hard to fight it.

The fisherman didn’t have anything warm with him to help, and his home wasn’t that close for him to leave them alone and come back quickly. So he just stayed with them until the ambulance came.

Even though they were both cold while having a fever, Elsa’s condition felt much worse and it scared Bruno.

He thought Elsa was completely unconscious. But as they drove in the ambulance and she was being helped, Elsa kept repeating one name over and over in her sleep, with a very faint voice.

“Gwen.... Gwen... Don't go Gwen.... Don’t leave me... Please Gwen... I need you... Don't go... Gwen, don’t go...”

‘Was she calling herself?’ Bruno wondered.

***

Jeremy to be the one that saves her? Lui to be the one that saves her? She saves herself? Too predictable.

You know me better than that.