Chapter 4- Every ending is a new beginning.

I had never felt so wild, free and happy in my life before. We went to a pub where everyone was surprised to see us. They shook our hands and then we met our Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher... who in my opinion was a little off the hook.

"Isn't he a little off the hook, Harry?" I ask in our head.

"He looks fine to me." Harry replied.

"No! No! look a little more closely, see how he won't shake our hands! He acts so off!"
"You read too many detective books, Prim."

"Yeah... I guess so." I sigh.

"Told yeh both, didn't I? told yeh both that you were famous." Hagrid said as he led us to the entry of Diagon Alley.

"Is he always this nervous?" Harry questioned.

"Oh, yeah. Poor bloke. Brilliant mind. He was fine while studin' outta books but then he took a year off to get a bit of first-hand experience... they say that he met a vampire in the dark forest, got in a little bit o' nasty trouble with a hag- never been the same since. Scared of students and his own subject- now where's me umbrella?"

Harry's mind seemed to be swimming but, Hagrid was tapping on the wall above the dustbin. He muttered something then asked us to stand back, and tapped the wall three times. The brick he had tapped quavered and a small hole appeared. A second later, we stood in front of a huge archway which led on to a cobbled street and turned out of sight.

"Welcome, to Diagon Alley." Hagrid said, grinning at our amazement.

We stepped through the archway and into Diagon Alley. The sun shone brightly on a sack of cauldrons outside the nearest shop. Cauldrons- all sizes, brass, copper, pewter, silver, self-stirring- collapsible said a sign above the cauldrons.

"Yeah, you'll be needing one, but we gotta get both yer money first." Hagrid said.

We looked round and about wanting to catch a glimpse of everything as we went by. A few kids of Harry and my age were sticking their faces against a window with a broomstick in it. A low, soft hooting sounded- an owl. I had always wanted a pet, perhaps I could get an owl.

"Gringotts." Hagrid said as we reached a tall white building. Standing beside the entry, wearing a uniform stood a... "Yeah, that's a goblin." Hagrid said softly.

He was a head shorter that Harry, had a swarthy and clever face, a pointed beard and long hands and feet. He bowed as we entered and I bowed back. Now we stood in front a second pair of doors, silver this time with words engraved on them:

ENTER, STRANGER, BUT TAKE HEED

OF WHAT AWAITS THE SIN OF GREED,

FOR THOSE WHO TAKE, BUT DO NOT EARN,

MUST PAY MOST DEARLY IN THEIR TURN,

SO, IF YOU SEEK BENEATH OUR FLOORS,

A TREASURE THAT WAS NEVER YOURS,

THEIF, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, BEWARE

OF FINDING MORE THAN TREASURE THERE.

"Like I said, yeh'd be mad ter try an' rob it." Hagrid said as two goblins bowed as we passed through the silver doors, and for the second time I bowed again. About a hundred goblins sat on high stools behind a long counter scribbling and weighing coins.

"Morning." Hagrid greeted a free goblin. "We have come to take some money outta Mr. and Miss. Potter's safe."

"Do you have their key, sir?"

"Got it somewhere here," Hagrid started emptying his pockets scattering a handful of dog-biscuits before he finally found the key. "Got it." Hagrid said at last.