Lets do magic! Oh, we are beginners...

THANK YOU SOO MUCH for sticking with me all this time! And serious apologies for not posting in ages!

................................................................................................................................................................

"There, there look!"

"Where?"

"Near the girl with bushy brown hair!"

"Look at her scar!"

"Look at her hair!"

"Where do you think her brother is?"

Whispers followed me all around the next day as soon as I had left my dorm. Now there were a hundred and forty-two staircases in Hogwarts and many ghosts, classrooms, corridors and a caretaker named Filch who owned a cat. Poor Harry and Ron managed to get on his bad side when they got lost and were found trying to open the door which apparently they found out later, lead to the forbidden third floor, thankfully they were saved by Professor Quirrell who I still think is rather off. On Wednesdays, we have Astronomy where we would study the skies and learn about planets and stars. It in my opinion sounds great. We will also be going to the greenhouse to learn Herbology, taken by Professor Sprout who, is the Huffelpuff house Head.

History of Magic, taught by Professor Bins was rather boring. He droned on and on while we scribbled notes and got Emeric the Evil and Uric the Oddball mixed up. Professor Bins was a ghost and had died during a fire while he slept. The next day when he woke up to teach he left his body behind. Charms, was taught by Professor Flitwick who, needed to stand on top of a sack of books to see over his desk and was the Head of Ravenclaw house. He started with a register and on coming to Harry's and my name, he gave an excited squeak and toppled of.

Professor McGonagall was the Head of Gryfinndor house and strict. She was also the Deputy Headmistress and our Transfiguration teacher. She had changed her desk to a pig and back but we soon learned that we had a long way until we would turn furniture to animals. How unfortunate! But by the end of the class, after writing many complicated notes and been given a matchstick to turn into a needle, only Hermione and I had been able to turn our matchsticks into needles and earned a rare smile from Professor McGonagall which made me feel rather proud.

Defence against the Dark Arts taught by Professor Quirrell was a joke. His classroom smelled of garlic and everyone said that it was to ward off a vampire he had met in Romania, his turban (which smelled weird) was gifted to him by an African prince as a thanks for ridding them of a troublesome Zombie. When Seamus asked him how, he started talking about the weather.

"Oh, wow! My brother and Ron finally made it to the breakfast hall without getting lost for once!" I told Hermione who smiled in amusement.

A little while later, Hedwig came by and dropped a letter in front of Harry and me. It was from Hagrid asking us if we would like a cup of tea with him around three as we got Friday afternoons off. Harry borrowed Ron's quill scribbled a 'yes please' note and sent it back with Hedwig who I had managed to give a treat.

Now for potions, it was taken by Professor Snape, the Head of Slytherin House. It took place down in the dungeons which was colder than the rest of the castle and would have been quite creepy even without the pickled animals floating around in glass jars all around the walls. Suddenly, the door slammed open and inside walked our professor with his cloak flowing behind him dramatically. He, like Professor Flitwick had started by taking the register and stopped when he came to Harry's name and then mine. 

"Ah, yes, Harry Potter. Our new celebrity." He had said softly. 

Malfoy and his goons had  sniggered and gained a glare from me.