Chapter 5- Hogwarts Express

Last month wasn't much fun. Diddy-D-Dums is now scared of both of us. Uncle and Aunt treated us as if we didn't exist but Aunt Petunia was nice to me secretly. She is always nice to me for some reason.

Harry decided to call his owl Hedwig, a name he found in 'A History of Magic' and I named mine Coco. We were both counting down days to September the 1st. Finally on the last day of August, we thought that we better talk to Uncle and Auntie.

"Er- Uncle Vernon?" Harry started, receiving a grunt from Uncle. "Er- we need to be at King's cross tomorrow to – to go to Hogwarts." Uncle grunted again.

"Could you please give us a lift?" I asked.

He grunted.

"Oh, umm, thanks! Thank you..." I said.

We had just reached the stairs when Uncle spoke up. He'd drop us to school and that too because  they had to go to London anyways to get the tail removed. Ouch! The tail's so good! But obviously I didn't say that, I didn't want our ticket to get away for the Dursleys snatched away, though I doubted that they would make us stay.

So, the next morning we woke up early and two hours later, we were off to London. Uncle dumped our trunks on a trolly and wheeled them till platform 9. There was no platform 9 and 3 quarters. I was too interested in finding our platform that I didn't even notice the Dursleys leave until Harry nudged me. A little while later, Harry had asked a guard about a train that left at 11:00. The guard's reply was negative which resulted in us panicking. Until, we heard them:

"-packed with Muggles, of course-" a voice said.

Harry and I exchanged glances. The speaker was a plump woman speaking to four boys, all with red hair.

"Now what's the platform number?" The woman asked.

"Nine and three quarters!" A small girl piped up, also red-headed, who was holding her hand. "Mum, can't I go!"

"You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet. All right, Percy, you go first."

What looked like the oldest boy marched towards platforms nine and ten. We watched carefully, but just as the boy reached the divide between the two platforms, a large crowd of tourists came swarming in front of him, and by the time they had cleared away, the boy had vanished.

"Fred, you next," the woman said.

"I'm not Fred, I'm George," said the boy. "Honestly, woman, call yourself our mother? Can't you tell I'm George?"

"Sorry, George, dear."

"Only joking, I am Fred", said the boy, and off he went. His twin called after him to hurry up.

Now the third brother was walking briskly towards the ticket barrier - he was almost there - and then, quite suddenly, he wasn't anywhere.

There was nothing else for it.

"Excuse me." Harry said to the plump woman.

"Hullo, dear", she said. "First time at Hogwarts? Ron's new, too."

She pointed at the last and youngest of her sons. He was tall, thin and gangling, with freckles, big hands and feet and a long nose.

"Yes, the thing is - the thing is, we don't know how to –" said Harry.

"How to get on to the platform?" she said kindly, and Harry nodded.

"Not to worry, all you have to do is walk straight at the barrier between platforms nine and ten. Don't stop and don't be scared you'll crash into it, that's very important. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous. Go on, go now before Ron." She said.