2023 Dutch Grand Prix

Pulling out my headphones, and ending thoughts of Jules, I slipped on the over-jacket, and walked out of my trailer. About two months ago, Mercedes had reached out. At that point, I was winning almost every F2 race that I did, so Mercedes took me in to replace Russell who had gotten hurt the race before. This was my first race of the season, and I was ready. Over summer break, I had clocked over 800 hours driving in the car I would be in, and around 180 sim driving on the courses I would be driving on. I was ready. Walking to my garage, where I would get the helmet and proform the test drive for qualifiers. Seeing it made all this feel real. The purple and neon green helmet sat there in all it's glory, right next to an identical one that Hamilton would wear. Putting it on, suddenly made me feel giddy. I was here. This was happening. Going next to the car, they proformed checks, before issuing it safe, and letting me go out. Zigzagging, I warmed up the tires, soon after pressing down on the accelerator then braking to see if they were glazed. After my lap, I turned back into my garage, to where Hamilton was waiting. These last few months had mainly just been Mercades pushing the two of us to get close. The two of us side high fived while passing eachother. He got ready for his lap, and I took my helmet off, mentally getting ready for the race.

The announcers voice was dimmed by Toto talking to me through the comm. Normally he wouldnt, but because it was my debut race, even if it was just qualifiers he was the person I was closest to on the team. I was starting at P11. Not the best spot, but it is not difficult to pull ahead. The announcer had died down, and the audiece was getting excited. Toto gave me a few last words before it was time to start.

-

"Amazing! With that, qualifiers ar over with Max Verstappen taking pole, Norris in second, Hamilton in third, and our rookie driver, Bianchi in fourth, yes, you heard that right. Our new driver is none other than the niece of Jules Bianchi, and the first female to ever make it past qualifiers!"

"What was my time?" I asked into comms

"1:11.419," Was the immediate response. "Congradulations —--! You're making history!" This caused me to smile. The next day I would be starting in P4 which I could definitely work with.

"What was Leclarc's time?"

"1.246 after you, ma'am. He's starting in P10 next race."

"Thank you." With that I took off my helmet and walked into my garage, where Hamilton and I got a clap out by the whole garage.

"Ok ladies and Gentlemen, the moment you have been waiting for, Welcome to the Dutch Grand Prix! This is sure to be a monumental step in history because in this race Verstappen can solidift his place as one of the greats by tying with Sebastian Vettle!" The announcer paused for cheers. "As well as it being the debut race of Ceceile Bianchi who will be starting in P4! Yes, you heard that right. Bianchi, as in the niece of Jules Bianchi and the first female to ever compete in F1!" The cheers were deafening. This is why I did this, why I trained so hard, to live for every moment where I could inspire others. The countdown came, and we were off.

Right off the bat I cut in front of Albon, changing lines, and taking the inside lane. Now I was right behind Hamilton. For a few laps I held my possession before passing Hamilton when I saw an opening. Soon after I noticed he got passed by Sainz. The person talking through my comm told me to bank right, and block Sainz, letting Hamilton through. I did that, still keeping hold of the P3 spot. Currently I was about half a second behind Norris. That's when rain started to fall. Quickly, I commed to the garage, asking if I could make a pit stop. We were only on turn five, which gave them plenty of time. I pulled in, and was back out in 2.4 seconds, which was remarkably fast. Verstappen, and Norris had the same idea as me, with Verstappen in a fastest pit stop of 2.23 seconds. Norris was a little slower, allowing me to pull in fround, and take P8. After a few more laps, it was beginning to rain harder. Probably about eight more laps before I would pit again. I was back in P2 at this point after many drivers had pitted. Me and Verstappen were now close, when the chatter in my com from Marcus Dudly stopped. Confused, I radioed to them.