Singapore Grand Prix 2023

I landed in Singapore right after fashion week was over to train and acclimate. It was fucking hot. That was the first thing I noticed. This would probably be hard, but fun. I had lived in Zambia for a few years, so I was accustomed to heat. Rolling my bag through the airport, I was greeted by many fans. I smiled politely, signing merch, and other stuff for them. Before rolling my bag to the hotel and doing computer work for the remainder of the day. Hamilton came to my room with Roscoeat three, and we studied in my little living room area of the suite.

The next few days were pretty much a rhythm of wake up, gym, eat, practice, eat, gym, eat, sleep. Soon, it was the official practices. I did pretty well on those, but with a track like this I would have to give my all into qualifiers.

Qualifiers morning, I woke up early, and drove to the course for a paddock walk of signing stuff for fans. The drivers all had a competition of who could sign the weirdest stuff. Apparently Lando once acadently signed marriage papers. Normally Charles won though because he would literally sign anything. We then all geared up for qualifiers. Once we were off, I focused on going around turns as fast as possible. My ability to manuver the cars into turning was one of the reasons I had gotten chosen. Soon, one lap turned into three races, and Holy shit! I got pole! I drove into pits and stopped as everyone looked to the monitors in horror. Only bothering to take off my gear, I looked. Crash. Lance Stroll. Lance Stroll crashed. Shit. Was he okay? Everyone else had crossed the checkard flag at this point, and looked similarly shocked. They got him out, and he was okay. He walked out, he was okay. I sighed in relief. Only then did I look at the scores. Max Verstappen was in 11th. Holy shit.

At race day, our team told us to not do anything. We could do a light workout, but nothing where we could get hurt, and that's exactly what we did. Later that night, it was it. I arrived before Lewis, and walked into the team garage, going to change. We milled around for a while before they signaled the presentation was starting.

Mercedes told us to line up along the red carpet triangle that was in the middle. Nudging Lewis, to take his airpods out when they started giving tribute to those who were affected by the Morocco and Ibeza disasters. We waited for a moment, quiet before Singapore airlines choir started sing the anthem. After, we all just kind of dispersed. Putting on our racing gear, Me and Lewis went back out of our team huddle. I walked up to P1, while Lewis went to fifth. I looked at my car, I had medium tyres. Getting in, we had our formation lap before staring. I shot off the line, not being able to have people pass me this soon. In my mirror, I saw Hamilton pull ahead of everyone except Charles. He would have to let people through. Ten laps later, I was still in fourth with Sainz 1.3 seconds behind me. I had to focus in this race, which was far twister than Monza or the Dutch Grand Prix. I laughed, turning on my radio, responding to chatter on the other end as I wnt around turn 9.

"I could keep this pace forever." I could hear my team laughing. No one was getting around me. Not on this track. If Charles was on softs, he would have to pit in a few laps, most people would. I tried to go a little faster this lap. Getting the fastest lap, and pulling ahead by 2 seconds. On the next lap, I beat my laptime, while still keeping the pace that Mercedes wanted me to stay at. 1:38.664. Not speedy, but still fastest lap. Currently, we were on lap 17 of 62. This was honestly boring. Like of corse it was interesting, I was going over 200 kelometers, but like there was no battle. Here we go, this was interesting. Sargent hit the wall, and there's a safety car. My team was yelling at me to box, so I did. 2.6 second pit, which was not bad, I pulled ahead, still in pole, with Verstappen now behind. Me. I laughed. That bastard. He would have to pit soon, since he did not during safety car. The safety car pulled out, and I shot off the second I got the green. Hamilton had fallen to seventh after our double stack. Now he was sixth.

I glanced in my mirror just in time to see Sainz then Norris pass Verstappen. Hamilton was now in fifth. Going around turn fifteen, Hamilton and Leclarc both pass, with Hamilton now in forth. I held my position with Sainz who had quickly moved up by a second, making me have to go slightly faster. It was snow lap 31, so we're halfway through. Hamilton was still in fourth, but apparently 2 seconds behind me, so everyone else was closing.